“We had a great time!”

London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #32 of 678 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Cabbie Tours is one man (Steve), one taxi, completely tailored to meet your requirements. Amaze your family with a private London Taxi Tour. Sit back, and allow Steve to guide you around this historic city.Steve is a fully licensed London taxi driver, with badge and registration number on display in the taxi. Licensed London taxi drivers must pass a strict exam, known as 'the knowledge', in order to ferry passengers around the capital.In addition, Steve is a qualified 'Green Badge Guide' which he earned from the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers.
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have visited London a number of times, but Steve showed us so many interesting things that we had never seen. We booked a three-hour tour (which Steve allowed to go over a bit because of Friday traffic) of mostly Rock 'n Roll, and we saw sites associated with the Stones, the Who, David Bowie, and many many more, as well as newer acts like Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys, which pleased our two daughters who were with us. We also told him we were interested in "Love Actually" and similar films, and he added spots from those movies to the tour. He also was able to answer many questions we had about almost everything we passed. He even took us, by request, to see the hordes of cameramen camped out in front of the hospital in anticipation of the birth of the royal baby! Steve was completely professional and totally accommodating. Now we have our Abbey Road crossing photograph! Thank you, Steve!

Visited July 2013
Steve N, Owner at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your review - I am pleased you enjoyed the tour. It was a pleasure to accommodate all your requirements and tailor make this tour just for you! Could I ask, if you have time, to email me the photo I took of you all on the Abbey Road zebra crossing, or you could upload it onto Trip Advisor. It was lovely to meet you all and I hope to see you again on your next trip to London.

austin, tx
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wish we had more time”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We did a two hour tour with Steve shortly after landing in London. He was a wonderful introduction to the city! His knowledge and courtesy were amazing. I only wish we had more time available as he certainly could have filled an entire day of enjoyment, history and sites.

Visited June 2013
Steve N, Owner at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. In my opinion, to do justice to the great city of London, I would always advise a four hour tour, but of course this isn't always possible when people are on a tight schedule. I hope you will come back for another tour next time you are in London.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“first class!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

i contacted steve via text and he replied on the same day. smooth booking and he waited us on time at the hotel. we went thorugh all the famous places and hidden gems of london. a very well prepared and knowledgable guide. he is very enthusiatic and passionate about history especially the romans! very comfortable riding in his cow cab :) a wonderful experience for an affordable price and a comfortable ride. suitable for people who need conveniece and avoid the subway!

Visited May 2013
It is very kind of you to respond using the heading 'First Class'. I feel very proud that you found the tour to be everything you hoped it would be. Also, many thanks for sharing your photos.
“Absolutely the best part of our trip to London!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I can't thank Steve enough for making our day in London so memorable. His enthusiasm was infectious and we felt privileged to be shown around by him. There was an interesting story around every corner and Steve was so obliging and a real gent.
I can't recommend London cabbie tours enough if you want to have a personal, friendly and interesting taste of the amazing city that is London. Our only regret was not booking Steve for the full four hours, as there is so much to see and it was a really enjoyable experience. here's to next visit!
Hannah and Ahmad

Visited June 2013
Steve N, Owner at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review - I'm so pleased you enjoyed the tour! It was good to meet you (from Manchester) and Ahmad (from Sydney, Australia) and I think you would agree with me that you saw London at its finest. I was particularly proud when we passed the home of the Grenadier Guards at Wellington Barracks while they were on parade which you managed to film. Please do contact me the next time you are in London for a follow-up tour.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tour of London”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Many thanks to Steve for a fantastic tour of London. We had the best day and Steve was so knowledgeable, kind and generous with his time. He picked us up from home, took us to the Ritz where we had afternoon tea, picked us up and then gave us the most wonderful tour before taking us home again. The whole family had an amazing day out seeing loads of sights and learning a lot about London and its history. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, thank you Steve.

1 Thank Lucy T
Steve N, Manager at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review - I really appreciate such a positive response. Although I wasn't sure how the timings were going to work out I'm pleased I was able to tailor the day to your satisfaction. I'm pleased I could play a part in celebrating your grandmother's 90th birthday.