“Amazing restaurant, great food, excellent customer service”
Review of Midori

Midori
Order Online
Ranked #8,157 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to this restaurant twice over the weekend with my friend and the food was delicious and fresh. The lady who welcomed us was so kind, friendly and helpful. There is a nice atmosphere in the restaurant and we had a great time. The lovely lady offered us her favorite dessert as well. I look forward to going to Midori again soon.

Date of visit: August 2019

Hi pcs i,

Many thanks for your compliments. You're such a lovely guest of us. Truly appreciated for your feedback. Will really looking forward to have you in Midori again my lovely ❤❤ guest.

Write a reviewReviews (81)

Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

Located in Muswell Hill, Midori is unfortunately right next to the bus stop. I suspect that I was put off by this on most occasions but went for it this time.

The lighting unfortunately makes the place feel a bit drab which isn't helped by the assortment of mixed chairs. I would say that the Japanese culture seems to end at the door with only a mixture of paintings of all sorts adorning the walls. Unusually there is a television screen which I suspect is never switched on. In the background is some elevator music which could fit anywhere. Does it make you feel like it's an authentic Japanese restaurant? Unfortunately I haven't been to enough of them to make this judgement.

I ordered a chilli chicken ramen. It was cheap and quality of the ingredients matched it. I also ordered some inside out rolls which came as normal sushi. I suspect I hadn't been very clear about it.

One great find was the house sake which is very drinkable. Again the price is great. Also I felt very full after the ramen and two of the sushi rolls. The sushi though was good.

The staff are very friendly and informative so make sure to engage them.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Firstly, the atmosphere is depressing for some reason. It might be the drab decor or the crap piano/jazz music or the bus stop view which is right outside. The place was empty except for two women chatting very loudly.
The food arrived promptly and the manageress is smiley and friendly so two stars overall, but the food is, sadly, not great. Vegetable spring rolls with no vegetable in them which were very very crunchy and tasteless. Bland, watery miso soup. Lukewarm dumplings. The tuna donburi was ok but the portion is deceptively small; it came in a square box which looks big on the outside but the volume inside is small. My jasmin tea was also watery with not much flavour; the leaves tasted old. Next, the green tea ice-cream was super hard frozen and too sickly sweet and the sweet red-bean pan cake was dry.

Hi AndrewLikesGoodFood

Thank you for your feedback, highlighted our inconsistency. We appreciated and will work towards better customer service satisfaction.

Reviewed May 25, 2019

I love coming to Midori. Great atmosphere and ambiente, excellent cuisine and a great variety of Asian dishes from Korean to Japanese. Even my Chinese friends that live in South-London want to go back there every time they come and see me in Muswell Hill.
I recommend this place highly, whether you want to eat out in the evening or have a quick lunch at noon.

Hi AnjaBritta,

Highly appreciated. Our team will keep working towards better customer service satisfaction. Hope to see you again in near future!

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

The staff are friendly and efficient at this place. The food is authentic and tasty, in fact we liked it so much we have been there for dinner twice in the space of three days.
We particularly liked the tempura prawns and the udon soup.

Albert E, Manager at Midori, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Appreciated ♡♡♡♡♡♡
Will keep working towards better customers satisfactions