“Well seasoned, good textured, and fresh sushi in Maida Vale!”
Review of Ibuki Sushi - CLOSED

Ibuki Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I paid this local sushi bar a second visit yesterday afternoon. It's got a funky but minimalist decor and has a terrace for dining al fresco on those warmer summer days. The food is well prepared with using fresh ingredients which helps to explain why their sushi tastes amazing. No dry, tired and tasteless supermarket sushi can be found here! I also tried the tempura squid which featured a light batter. Again very good with no greasy aftertaste. I've only sampled their lunch time menu which is good value for money at around £8 per dish (including a side salad and miso soup). The staff are very tentative with a friendly attitude towards service. I'll definitely will be returning for dinner at some point.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Popped in here for lunch in the middle of a Sunday and found it rather empty, which always makes you a bit suspicious. But the limited menu and clientele hides a real gem. I'm a big fan of Japanese food, and having spent time in Japan consider myself to have a rough idea of what's good and what's not. They have some fantastic dishes that mix both sushi and udon - something which you have to choose between in most Japanese restaurants. The fish was fresh and beautifully prepared, and the service was unobtrusive yet attentive. Can't recommend this place highly enough and it is currently my favorite Japanese place in London after Nobu (which is obviously saying something!)

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I had the sashimi set lunch, it came with miso soup, rice and a small salad. It was all really tasty and well presented. The service was also really good.
There were not many customers but I did notice all the other customers were Japanese, so definitely doing something right. Definitely recommended

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Small, unassuming restaurant on a quiet street of maida vale with excellent lunch menu and i am told by the friend who took me there very good food in the evening.
Had a very tasty miso soup, salad with yuzu dressing , delicious and very fresh sushi set for £15, excellent and smiling service, what is not to like!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have lived on the same street as this restaurant for a couple of years and have never been in - I wish I had much sooner.

The sushi and sashimi were fantastic, the iBuki roll was awesome, the atmosphere is very relaxed and the service was great.

I cannot believe that I have left it so long to eat here, will not make that mistake again. Not the kind of restaurant you expect to find on a quiet residential street.