“A great place for Sunday brunch”

Blue Boar Restaurant
Ranked #1,487 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Our restaurant offers contemporary British dining in the heart of Westminster. Head Chef, Gilbert Genelazo, brings together fresh, regional ingredients to deliver a mouth-watering menu that celebrates the very best of what each British season brings. Farm sourced succulent meats and freshly caught seafood from the Devon and Cornwall coastline feature on a menu that is as perfect for a light lunch as it is for a decadent dinner. Private dining at Blue Boar is particularly special with two exceptional spaces, connected to the main restaurant by a floor-to-ceiling wine wall.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a lovely way to spend Sunday lunch.

On entering this tastefully decorated restaurant, the staff made my girlfriend and I feel very welcome and through-out our stay remained attentive.
The food was amazing. Lots of choice for the starters, all beautifully laid out for us buffet style.
For the main meal, I went for the house specialty - a bucket of Blue Boar Ribs. I'll warn you, it can get messy as they are big and juicy but don't worry, you'll get plenty of paper serviettes.
My girlfriend had the beef roast which was very tender (we had to try each other meals...). The sides ordered were really flavorful and I can thoroughly recommend the pumpkin.
It was then time for the deserts, buffet style again. Couldn't fault what we tried so make sure you leave enough room...

Please give it a try. It's really easy to find too, right opposite St James Park Tube Station.

LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Keith187056

Many thanks for the excellent review of Brunch at Blue Boar, I am delighted you enjoyed your Sunday with us and that the service and food stood out during your visit.

Look out for updates via blueboarlondon.com as we will be running some summer offers on Brunch in the near future.

I do hope we can welcome you once again in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Only had a beer inside but the atmosphere is very relaxing. The lighting is extremely intimate. Food menu appeared to be inciting albeit limited.

Dear adrobe3

Many thanks for the review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar Bar and I am pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere of the bar. I do hope it isn't long before we can welcome you once again, maybe this time for some food.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great service, nice food and a very relaxing place to spend an evening. The Blue Boar 'combo' is a good food choice with a great selection of ribs, wings and pulled pork.

LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Leigh B

Many thanks for the excellent review of Blue Boar Bar and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit in particular the Blue Boar Platter that showcases the signature dishes of the restaurant next door.

I do hope it won't be too long before you have the opportunity to visit once again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Best roast ever , fantastic buffet . This toped up from the service provided from Bogdan the Manager and his staff

Dear Elis G

Many thanks for the fantastic review of Brunch at Blue Boar Smokehouse, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and that Bogdan and his team extended the highest levels of service to you. Please be assured we will share this feedback with the whole team.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Blue Boar in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Part if the Intercontinental Westminster, the Blue Boar is a sophisticated pub come wine bar. Great selection of craft ale, beers, wines and cocktails in a well thought out interior, a stones throw from St James Park underground. Great for lunch and dinner.

Dear thecordens

Many thanks for the excellent review of your visit to Blue Boar Bar and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. I do hope it won't be too long before you can visit us once again.

With Kind Regards