“A winner!!”

Ranked #1,501 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Blue Boar offers contemporary British dining in the heart of Westminster. Head Chef Rob Stephens combines fresh, regional ingredients to deliver a mouth-watering menu that celebrates the very best of what each British season brings. Farm sourced succulent meats and freshly caught seafood from the Devon and Cornwall coastline feature on a menu that is as perfect for a light lunch as it is for a decadent dinner. Private dining at Blue Boar is particularly special with two exceptional spaces, connected to the main restaurant by a floor-to-ceiling wine wall. Blue Boar Bar is a sophisticated take on the traditional British pub and is locally recognised as the hub of the Westminster Village. With locally brewed craft beers and ales, a fine selection of wines and spirits and an ever-evolving cocktail list, the bar offers an exceptional setting where guests can take in the rich heritage of the Westminster scene. Head Chef Rob Stephens' Bar and Late Night menus focus on simplicity and seasonality as a perfect food accompaniment, whilst the bar's Private Drinking Room can be booked for those that require the ultimate discrete table.
Midland, TX
“A winner!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful new unpretentious yet elegant choice for an enjoyable meal! My wife and I walked in off the street with running shoes and casual wear and were treated like royalty. Try the pulled pork and the greens with rib bits. Also delicious sticky toffee pudding to top it off!!

• Visited April 2013
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear J M

Thank you for the fantastic review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar and I am delighted to read that you felt like you were treated like royalty. Our Chef, Jon Ingram is pleased you enjoyed your meal with us in particular the Pulled Pork.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us once again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Elegant New Restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Beautiful setting with outstanding service. We both had arugula salad with duck egg that was out of this world. Funny to be from Tennessee in London eating barbecue. Great flavor with a moist and tender taste. The coleslaw had a great combination of flavors. My wife had the sea bass and loved it. The atmosphere in this new hotel restaurant is elegant and tasteful.

1 Thank TWB2006SSR
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar Restaurant, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear TWB2006SSR

Thank you for your fantastic review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar and I am delighted to read that as a native of our American Pit/BBQ food style you enjoyed your experience with us.

I do hope it won't be too long before you visit Blue Boar again, next time try the ribs!

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Delicious ribs and superb service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ate dinner in the Blue Boar while staying at the Intercontinental. The restaurant has a lovely relaxing ambience and is very contemporary - nothing stuffy or uncomfortable. Three of us ordered ribs and one rib eye steak. All were delicious. So many ribs!!! The ribs are marinated in the chef's (Jon) own recipe rub and they were amazing. Our friends are American and fussy about ribs, but they agreed they were outstanding. Our waitress, Raphaella, was lovely. She was attentive and friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The desserts did not disappoint either - a version of creme brulee and a sticky toffee pudding - yummy! The meal was good value in comparison to some London restaurants. We will return.

• Visited April 2013
LONWMHotelMgr, Manager at Blue Boar Restaurant, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Petnic

Thank you for your fantastic review of Blue Boar Smokehouse I am delighted to read you enjoyed your dinner with us and I will share your comments with Raphaella who looked after you.

Chef Ingram is pleased to see you enjoyed his signature dish the Blue Boar Ribs, smothered in his secret rub, slow cooked for 16 hours and finished on our Josper Grill they are delicious!

I do hope on your next visit to London we can welcome you to Blue Boar once again.

Wellington
“Spacious place to relax”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stopped here after visiting Westminster Abbey. It is at one of the Big Tour Bus stops. It is a very spacious bar with a great selection of English beers. We ordered the small portion of pork ribs and pork belly and two beers and the total bill was under 20 pounds. After Westminster Abbey, it was nice to have a quiet place (with no loud background music) to relax.

Visited April 2013
Dear ceesp

Thank you for the review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar Bar and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit, as you point out we have an excellent range of British beers including Meantime Beers from Grenwich and Kernel Ales from Bermondsey right here in London.

I hope on your next visit to London you will visit us once again.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently visited the bar with my fiancée who came to visit me from Paris and wasn't disappointed at all. We started by downing few pints of beers and then we just had the chance to meet a lovely waiter who came to look after us ,he told us about the speciality of the house (ribs) and even picked the right wine to go with them.
He was chatting with my fiancée in french as he was north african and Keeped entertaining us even in busy times.
I would recommend this bar to anyone passing by Westminster as excellent service is guaranteed there.
I would definitely go back there.

Dear 186338Londonlover

Many thanks for the review of your most recent visit to Blue Boar Bar and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and Nobil stood out and recommended our Blue Boar Ribs, slow cooked for 16 hours and rubbed in Chef Ingram's secret rub, they have become our signature dish and are delicious.

I do hope it won't be too long before we can welcome you once again.