“Great Tapas in Islington”
Review of Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen - CLOSED

Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen
Cuisines: Japanese, Spanish, Contemporary, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Tinto, we believe that variety is the spice of life. All our dishes are starter size and designed with sharing in mind. All our ingredients are fresh and lovingly prepared. Remember, sharing is caring.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Visited here for my birthday with my wife and loved it, great food, great wine and lovely staff, an all round great experience. There has been a relative explosion of Spanish dining in Islington of late, to my mind this is the best by quite a way having tried all four. The biggest drawback for Tinto are the nearly random opening hours and its slightly off the beaten track location, just off Upper Street.

We managed to change our 8:30pm booking as we got there about 7:30pm and we then took advantage of their great five tapas for £15 offer. We were given the offer menu and both proceeded to order five plates, eyes bigger than our stomachs, :) The food was marvellous, beautiful croquettes, great patatas bravos, fritters, squid, chorizo lollipops, tortilla and a great pork belly with red cabbage. The Albarino was excellent and there is an extensive wine list, they had a wheat beer made by Estrella Dam which I'd never come across before and we were given a free glass of pacharan by the owner to top off the evening. We were too full for desserts but the food was of excellent quality, the wine great and the service perfect, I will be going again for more tapas.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow! What a great place. Great food - really well priced, beautifully cooked and fresh. Go now while you can still get a table!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I keep coming back to this restaurant. We went recently for my birthday with friends and family and we had the authentic Spanish suckling pig (needs to be ordered in advance). Its a must for meat lovers and was a real treat. Once again the wines also impressed, the Rioja Reserva being one of the best Rioja's I think I have tasted.
Tinto is for me producing food at a completely different level compared to the other generic outlets in the area, the owner is nearly always present and happy to give customers his time and recommendations which are always spot on. Its the kind of place that every neighbourhood should have.

1  Thank Edd M
Reviewed May 17, 2014

You must go there and try it out. Just 25 yds off Upper St. Fantastic quality food at very very reasonable prices.
5 dishes for £15 between 5-8 pm has got to be the deal of the day.
Black pudding/quail egg;Chicken wing with Scallops;Slow cooked pork belly; and Padron peppers together with a very good Rioja.
The quality of the food was excellent.
Pierre, the owner, was very attentive and was so passionate about his food it was an education listening to him explain the dishes. His wine recommendation was perfect.

It seems to be getting busier so probably best to book a table so you are not disappointed.

I will not wait too long before I pay another visit and would certainly recommend it to you. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Howardofwales
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Very relaxed and pleasant atmosphere. Dishes are small tapas size and taste amazing! Like being in Spain. There are lots of different tasty dishes to choose from and are pleasant to share with family and friends.