“My worst dining experience in London to date”
Review of Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen - CLOSED

Tinto - Wine Bar & Kitchen
Cuisines: Japanese, Spanish, Contemporary, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Tinto, we believe that variety is the spice of life. All our dishes are starter size and designed with sharing in mind. All our ingredients are fresh and lovingly prepared. Remember, sharing is caring.
London, United Kingdom
“My worst dining experience in London to date”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Where to start... I booked this restaurant after reading the glowing reviews for my and my girlfriend's anniversary, and quite frankly it ruined our night.

1. When we arrived (on time I should add) the manager had just given the table we had reserved away, and he had to search for a table to seat us at.

2. We were left at our table for 20 minutes without even being given menus which we had to ask for! This meant it was over half and hour before we were even served with a drink. We were fobbed off with the frankly quite pathetic excuse that they were really busy because three tables had come at the same time. This was quite bemusing given that there were still several empty tables in the restaurant. This is something that I expect a restaurant to be able to cope with on a Saturday night. It certainly can't be helped that there were only two waitresses and that the manager spent most of the night speaking to one table.

3. The amuse bouche, a gazpacho, tasted like it was just filled with raw onion, and nothing else and was just a bit horrible.

When our mains came, one of them was cold and was sent back and the other was just perplexing. A small, dry confit duck leg with some potato, no sauce or anything. I'm not really sure how that can be called a meal? It just seemed a little too minimalist for its own sake. The pork's cheek when it eventually came back hot was ok, nothing special and a little one dimensional. Also, the portion sizes are tiny, so you feel like you have to go home and eat something else.

4. We decided to try our luck with dessert and went for the infamous tarte tatin, but lo and behold these had obviously been reheated in a microwave as they were cold in the middle. This just compounded the misery of our experience. We were told that the kitchen was trying to rush things out, which is just an absurd response and shows that the kitchen simply doesn't care about the customer.

All in all not a fun way to spend the evening and we left feeling a little angry that our night had been spoiled and we were still very hungry. The only plus point of the night was the tapas which was quite good, but this was not enough to save it.

5 Thank Freddie792

London, United Kingdom
“Please go back to your tapas menu and bring the macaroons back for desert”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having eaten here on two occasions before we know how fantastic this place can be. Having spoken to the wonderful manager it sounds like they have been experimenting with what works on the menu. All I can say is stick to tapas. The chef can be exceptional and the 'original'iberica pork sliders are great. Please drop the average chips that lower the tone and serve the fab vegetable crips and sour cream. We love the beef with an oriental dressing and the croquetta board (please bring this back). Overall a gem of a restaurant I just wish they would stick to what they do best- fantastic, different tapas.

1 Thank Julesdow
LONDON
“Simply lovely”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My daughter chose Como3 to celebrate her 15th birthday and was delighted with the meal and service provided by Pierre and his friendly team. From the flexibility and attentiveness of his menu planning (for 15) to the delicious menu and impeccable service, Pierre met with everything we wished for. Everyone enjoyed their food from gyoza to squid and from pork sliders to sea bass or black ink risotto.The waiting staff were all so happy and seemed genuinely delighted that we all enjoyed our evening.There is a very personal touch to this place and I can't wait to go back with my own girlfriends!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank HILARY C
“Wonderfully clever food!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff was lovely and sweet, we didn't have to wait very often but sometimes it did take a bit too long for the waitress to appear. The starter was exquisite. Goat's cheese with blueberries in pastry in the form of candies was just fun! The green rissoto was a bit tasteless but the steak was perfectly done. It's a pity they didn't keep the restaurant half Japanese as it was before... I would recommend this restaurant to non-vegetarians, great place.

1 Thank rozinka
London, United Kingdom
“The best food in Islington?”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice now and both times I have been impressed by the quality of the food at this price point. Its clear the head chef knows his craft well and this is reflected in the standard of the food at Como 3. On my last visit I had the pork belly which was simply divine, the dauphinoise potato and sweet honey mustard glaze were perfect accomplishments to the pork which was expertly cooked and flavoured. Portions appear restrained but the reality is they are perfectly judged according to the dishes richness.

I often get disappointed with deserts in London restaurants as they often appear as an afterthrought, no so at Como 3 where the courses seem to get better and better (and the starters are very good), the apple tarte tatin was one of the best I have had anywhere and the first mouthful made an impromptu wow from me to my guest.

There is some slight confusion over Como 3's concept but the menu appears to be adapting quickly to locals and it offers a refreshing contrast to other restaurants in the area. The icing on the cake for me would be an improved atmosphere, which would come from more bums on seats, something that this little Islington gem rightly deserves.

• Visited September 2013