“Friendly Service, Delicious Food.”
Review of Spud - CLOSED

Spud
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The most delicious spuds and widest variety of toppings I've ever seen. A great little find in London! It's well priced and you'll be greeted with friendly, helpful staff.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place was one that we went to when I was starving and had walked past a couple of hot dog stands. I am glad that we did walk past the hot dogs because the baked potatoes with your choice of toppings is such a good idea for a restaurant that I think we need some of these in the US.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The baked bean and sour cream jacket potato is excellent with optional upgrade to sweet potato.

You can take away or eat in and the fillings are all appealing and freshly made.

The restaurant is unfussy with a minimal modern feel.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spud is the best kept secret for lunch / early dinner if you are in the Leicester Sq / Covent Garden area and need somewhere to eat without spending an hour or more on a formal sit-down meal and want to avoid all the usual boring chain eateries. As you might guess from the name, the menu here is all about potatoes, either traditional jacket or sweet potatoes. They have a delicious range of toppings to try out, which have rotated periodically in the time I've been coming here (probably 8-10 times in the past year), and I've never been disappointed in any menu choice I've made. You can get the spuds to take away, but I always head down the stairs to "under spud" where there are a handful of tables. It is very cosy, especially if you're lucky enough to get the table in what I call "the cave". In the unlikely event that your stomach still has room after eating your spud, the adjoining La Gelatiera is also worth a visit.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Spud. is one of the best independent eateries in central London. My husband and I go there quite often for lunch and have tried many of their spuds and salads. We always have a nice meal and the staff is always friendly. They also have a tendency to play the Aussie radio station, Triple J, which is one of my favourite radio stations, so they get bonus points for that.