“Cattle grid”

Cattle Grid Battersea Rise
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cow | Pig | Poultry | Burgers | Salads | Brunch Opening Hours: Monday 5pm - 10:30pm Tuesday 5pm - 10:30pm Wednesday 5pm - 10:30pm Thursday 5pm - 10:30pm Friday 12pm - 11:30pm Saturday 10am - 11:30pm Sunday 10am - 11:30pm
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went on a Saturday night didn't book. Was squeezed in , the service was excellent they couldn't do enough for us , reading pervious reviews was a apprensive . Food was really good best ribs I've tasted will defiantly be going back

1  Thank Mich1975
There are newer reviews for Cattle Grid Battersea Rise

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have gone to cattle grid for a number of years,clapham and balham branches. Never had a problem with the food or service until the clapham branch closed and relocated to battersea rise. Been there twice and on the second visit, we ended up walking out. It was over a 15 minute wait to order drinks and food (only two other tables in there) and 10 mins later still no drinks! The waitress was not bothered at all and didn't even apologise. terrible service and won't be going there again. Stick to Balham where the staff are amazing. Battersea not recommended.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have read the critical reviews and been to this restaurant 4 times. Recognise the comment about is it a restaurant, cocktail bar or bar but the food is okay if you stick to burgers, steak, or ribs. I had a steak and salad today - January diet. The steak was good but the salad dismal.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Cannot comprehend how a steakhouse can produce the filth we were served. Lovely waiter though. This place cannot decide if it wants to be a cocktail bar, sports bar or steakhouse. inthe end it is none of them. Avoid in this area of numerous alternatives.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Visited in mid December, steaks with chips are just under twenty pounds, paid extra for the peppercorn sauce which was watery and greasy. Not nice at all. Asked for my steak to be cooked medium, it turned up rare. When we asked for our steaks to be cooked a little longer the manager looked at the steaks and disagreed with us. Now, I am no steak connoisseur, I admit, but my steak was not pink, it was red all over (worse towards the middle) with a lot of blood and that was definitely rare! I wish I had taken some snaps now.
I couldn't believe the manager disagreed. I can't even give them the benefit of the doubt as although we went during Mid December, the restaurant was fairly empty.
I didn't think the quality of the meat was very good. Chips were the best thing about the meal. I have read reviews saying that the burgers are good, so perhaps if you decide to go then try those instead. I wont be going back.