“Disappointing experience”

William Curley
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reading great reviews, I decided to surprise my boyfriend with a dessert bar experience for two (bought through their website), but unfortunately it was quite a disappointing experience!

We arrived and handed over the voucher to the manager, only to wait half an hour before our drinks order was taken, our drinks were then given to another couple. When we finally got our drinks, the waiter told us our dessert bar would begin shortly. However, we were waiting another half an hour before a member of staff said "Oh, are you waiting for the dessert bar?". As we were sat at the bar itself with the dessert bar menu in front of us, and having already informed the staff that we were there for the dessert bar, we were quite surprised. Another couple who were sat opposite us also looked confused as they had been waiting around the same length of time to receive their dessert bar courses and also had to say something to the staff after we did. There seems to be a lack of communication between the staff. They were not at all rude, just a bit clueless. It wasn't too busy and a lot of the staff were standing around not really knowing what they were doing, there was no need for us to have to wait such a long time.

It was a real shame because when we finally had the food it was nice and the concept is great, especially for those with a sweet tooth. Perhaps we were just unlucky in our experience, but I think service really needs to improve. We would've been better off spending the money on the chocolates to take home!

4  Thank eo123

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Really lovely experience, relaxing atmosphere along with great chocolate, what more could you want!!!
Staff are friendly and professional.
I will return.

1  Thank SueYHertfordshire
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was such a memorable experience!
Four course desserts and a glass of champagne! What a lovely treat.
A gift voucher was presented to us by our adult children as a gift. So on our wedding anniversary we took a trip to Belgravia to sample William Curley's fabulous desserts, set within the fabulous chocolate shop.

Just a 5 minute walk from Sloane Square tube station, set in residential Belgravia in a small local shopping area, an interesting place to stroll.

We took our seats on high stools at the Dessert Bar so we could take in the delights of seeing the desserts constructed and placed before us - (would recommend). A shear delight! It was interesting being able to talk to the chef as she worked. Top marks for creativity of menu, the four courses, were well designed, balanced and fabulously tasty! The chocolate is out of this world - its what you call 'real chocolate' - a little is all you need to satisfy!

We would recommend this a gift for anyone who would appreciates a unique Chocolate Chocolatier experience. At £20 per head plus £10 extra for champagne - it was simply delightful! The Dessert Bar menu is on their website. The staff are professional, friendly and helpful. The Desserts are made to William Curley's recipes, and are well balanced and taste combinations simply perfect!

As we were travelling to London, I phoned in advance to see if I needed to book a place. I was told that this is not necessary unless you are a party, so it was useful to phone, as I was given a time to avoid as a party was booked in on the date we visited. We arrived as they started the Dessert Bar at 1.00 pm on Saturday, which was perfect.

I feel sure we will be back when next visiting Sloane Square for a coffee and whatever delicious delights take our fancy!

So thank you William Curley for your innovation, creativity and fabulous menus. A lovely experience!
Enjoy!!!!

3  Thank magenta4
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went the flagship boutique in Belgravia,
Shop location is not so convenient, but a sort of hidden gem for dessert enthusiasts.
I ordered signiture pan cake, it was 15 minutes to kitchen opening, but they provided it with pleasure before business hours.
I also ate Petits Fours, all of four cakes were excellent. Varuable five pounds cost.
Cocolate are wonderful too.

2  Thank 1100PlumGrove
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went as a surprise for my best friend, my wife . We opted for the four course Dessert Bar menu . Staff were friendly and explained what was in each course. Each course was a work of art in itself and the quality was exceptional. Worth a visit for something different and a short walk from the Saatchi gallery to work off all those calories! . Highly recommended

2  Thank Allan B