“Good Food, Great Service”

Dalcha - Inspiring Hyderabadi Indian Cooking
Ranked #10,857 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dalcha Our namesake is a dish synonymous with the great culinary traditions of India's Hyderabad region, which we specialize in. We don't claim to offer Hyderabadi cooking exclusively as we are firm believers in giving you a choice and offering a range of dishes, which have made Indian cuisine so popular across the world.What we are keen to give you, which is in keeping with the Hyderabadi culinary heritage, are ingredients, which are carefully chosen and cooked to just the right time so they impart flavors, which are memorable.It's what's made Hyderabadi cooking so renowned and our restaurant so proud.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Recently while visiting London, I had a chance to visit this restaurant. I am not a believer in giving out reviews but "DALCHA" really deserved appreciation for "Good Food, Great Service".

After roaming around in the streets of London we (me and my wife) walked into this place, hungry and tired and wanted some relaxing moments before we could head back on the streets. "DALCHA" did not disappoint us at all. May it be the appetizers or the main course, we were totally satisfied with food. Although the Hyderabadi (Indian) food recipes has been tweaked a bit to mingle with the local taste preferences but to be honest we were really pleased as the taste was really very good. The ambiance was great and the service was exceptional. As I know, based of my experiences, in both USA and UK, being an Indian guest in an Indian restaurant, you are kind of taken for granted. But that was not at all the case here. we were treated very well and that kind of won an additional point for this review. I would totally recommend "DALCHA" for anyone looking for some quality time with family and friends. Looking to go back when visitng again and hoping that they keep continuing the GOOD.

Cheers!!

There are newer reviews for Dalcha - Inspiring Hyderabadi Indian Cooking

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Authentic haedrabadi food and a very good service.
Very modern and bright restaurant!
Great location and easy access.
Definitely recommend!

1  Thank Sweety T
Reviewed August 9, 2014

And I didn't miss home food as much after all. Thank you Dalcha :) For my month long tour around London and few other schengen countries I was excited. But there was just a tiny cloud. I'd miss the spices and aromas of Indian food. 15 days into the trips, my friend told me about Dalcha. Here is how the meal went: (I went thrice)
Spot on and not intrusive. Thumbs up for that.

Ambience
Cosy, spacious table setting. Lilting Indian Flute tunes leaving room for conversation and adding to the feel.

The food was brilliant and authentic, slightly tweaked to Britain tastes, which is acceptable. As other Indian food restaurants I ate at, had little in common with the beautiful cuisine they serve back home. Try the biryanis with raita and lemon.

Thank you Dalcha, I could continue my trip without any homefood-sickness
If you're around, I'd suggest you hop in to try various delightful flavours of my country. You'll be surprised.

1  Thank Bhagyashree D
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I ate here on 29 July by chance and liked the food so much I visited again on 1 August with my wife. The design of the restaurant is modern and attractively chic. The menu is a little different from the standard Indian menu but not pretentious at all. Ingedients and spices are fresh with beautifully lean and tender lamb. The service was excellent.

Overall I would rate this as the best mid-priced (£59 for popadums, one starter, two main courses, two rice, and one vegetable and bread with glass of wine, beer) for a long time. Hope to visit again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I ate here last weekend and was very impressed.

The ambience is lovely. The tables are far enough apart to feel you are not encroaching anyone else's space. Service was excellent, as was the food.

To my delight, when I ordered a fruit juice, I saw them fetch fresh fruit from the kitchen and blend the fruit juice freshly to order. Superb!!
Bearing in mind this is London, the prices are reasonable too.

Visited December 2013