“2000 Years in One Square Mile‏ and 3 hours!!!”

Footprints of London
Ranked #41 of 731 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprints of London is a London guided walks company with a difference: we're owned by our guides; all our guides are qualified and accredited; and all our walks are researched and written by the guides leading them. Walks by and for those who love London delivered with care, professionalism, insight and enthusiasm, that's the Footprints of London difference.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a brilliant day out with Ray Blackburn being our guiding light around London.
Even though I have lived in London for 18 years and done many walking tours this was a truely unique experience with me finding many a new nook and cranny I had no idea existed. Also Ray was a true historian and I really felt I had been educated whilest having fun filled day, he has a way of bringing begone days alive with his story telling and I will be looking for more tours he is planning.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We braved the freezing weather to go on Rob Smith's Islington Larder walk last night. It was fantastic. Rob is a first class tour guide. The walk was good fun, really interesting, varied and perfectly paced. The walk starts at Angel tube, continues through Amwell Street, Liverpool Road Islington Green and ends in Essex Road. There were even old prints to have a look at as we went along so that you could imagine yourself in Islington hundreds of years ago. We are "locals" and still learnt so much about the fascinating food history of Islington and its importance to the City of London. Highly recommended whether or not you know this bit of London. We will definitely be going on other Footprints walks.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I took this walking tour on a short break in London and both really enjoyed it. My wife knows quite a lot about Shakespeare and I know very little and yet both of us found it interesting. The parts in Shoreditch were the better from a shakespeare point of you including the sites of 2 early theatres he and his plays would've been performed at. Unfortunately as it leaves Shoreditch and enters the city the relevance to Shakespeare gets a bit sketchy (as most of it burnt down in the great fire) however thats not to say it stops being entertaining. The walk takes roads and alleyways you may not normally find the information supplied by our guide was genuinely interesting and enjoyable. I would definitely take a tour with this guide and company again. It may have been due to the subject matter but the only problem I had on the tour was that there were a couple of know it alls trying to pre-empt and out-knowledge the guide which did get a touch tiresome as we'd paid to hear the guide. The guide was very friendly and easy to listen, at no point did I get bored of what she was saying which had concerned me ahead of time.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Jenni Bowley's guided tour of Shakespeare in Shoreditch was informative and enjoyable. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Shakespeare and/or London.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great walk which took a couple of hours starting out at 11am from Tate Modern. Anne Tickell who led the walk was full of knowledge, anecdotes, humour and interest. She showed how Shakespeare in the latter part of his life became more successful, moving from the Globe to the Blackriars monastery, where plays could be put on all year, indoors, and prices of seats were from 4-6 pence - substantially more than the 1p or 2p generally charged at the Globe which was only able to run in summer. Shakespeare made more money there. He bought the Gateshouse of the Blackfriars monastery. We went through the back streets below St Paul's, into the churchyard, where many people i.e. Guy Fawkes were hung, drawn and quartered, into Paternoster Square where Shakespeare had probably browsed the bookshops to get information for his plays (books being much too expensive for him to buy), and then finally to the Guildhall and Silver Street - where he had lived with a Huguenot friend. These are only some a few of the details Anne told me - she is a fount of information and very good company. And it only cost £10. Thank you Anne