“Fantastic”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This show has it all jack loxton, was superb. Lighting and set dynamics alone should get awards. Dynamic play that makes you think about how hard life can be for some. Funny and fast paced this was an eye opener London's west end at its best

• Thai first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 497 helpful votes
“A full on sort of Big Bang theory..excellent!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We booked tickets then read the book....then we thought uh oh how on earth will this work as a play...guess what it's brilliant I loved it! There was a slight lull just before the the break which after a long tiring day I felt my eyes closing eye opened my eyes and a member of the cast gave me a very disapproving glance!

There are a couple of brilliant points one is the train set the second is at the end after the standing ovation Christopher comes back on in character to give his maths lesson.

If you haven't read the book and have no idea what it's about its a kid with an asberger like syndrome. The play portrays life through his eyes and the murder of his neighbours dog and the parting of his parents...might not sound good but it is!

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Blown away”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I took my daughter to see this play, it was the main reason we visited London. I didn't have the first clue what to expect, only that it was about a dog being murdered? But I went along with an open mind...... I absolutely loved it!! It had humour, sadness, jumpy and heart melting moments, and nobody broke into song! A serious play with a thoughtful and insightful story, expressed by an extremely talented cast...... We kept referreng to Curious ....Train coming, train stops, doors open........ Silence!

Toilets in grand circle area not up to much though. Woman in front kept glang at keen I tried to open my sweets quietly. I thnk she thought she was at the RSC or something... ,

Leicestershire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Manages to be both entertaining and thought provoking”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hadn't read the book and didn't know what to expect but left hugely impressed. This is intelligent theatre, cleverly staged and well acted.

Visited November 2013
Houston
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Absolutely Outstanding--a Must See!!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I saw this at a matinee a few weeks back. I bought tickets way ahead of time online while still I was still in the US and picked them up at the box office right before the show to ensure we had good seats in the stalls. The set, the actors, the way the whole production was designed was truly fantastic. I wondered how this would be presented (having read the book eons ago). The set is basically a three dimensional matrix with all kinds of moving parts--phenomenal. There was one 20 minute intermission, and the entire show was about 2 1/2 hours long. Women's restroom is nearest the stalls level. I had read that the Apollo theatre was really old and cramped. I am 5'9" tall and had more leg room than I anticipated!!

Visited October 2013