“Great customer service, knowledable staff”

The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #340 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just want to say a big thank you for Lazlow-hungarian concierge for helping out to get a table in Roka, japanese restaurant. I am coming to London few times a year and like to bring my business partners to new exciting venues. We ended up in the Wellesley just for a few drinks. My aim was the Roka for dinner because I had some indonesian guests with me and they were after japanese. I had a good chat with Lazlow about cruiselines- i used to cruise with Crystal before-During the chat it just pop up that I was unable to get a table in the Roka. Lazlow was very busy, however he managed to get us a table on the night. Thanks for him we had a great evening .....we will be back , and we know where we will stay for our next visit . Thank you !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank GourmetCeleb
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback about your experience here at The Wellesley. Your comment about Laszlow is very much appreciated and it will be my pleasure to share your praising words with him and we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First, the hotel's location is second to none. Behind the hotel, a three minute walk, is The Grenadier and Belgrave Park. Adjacent to Hyde Park, between the Lanesborough and The Berkeley, it is ideal. The rooms have been redone recently so very up-to-date and luxurious. The service was impeccable. Literally every member of the staff was very helpful, pleasant, and friendly. The restaurant was perfectly acceptable, and the bar (including the cigar bar) was among the best in London.

Value-wise the hotel is impossible to beat. I will absolutely stay there on my next visit

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Nempuku

Thank you so much for posting this comment on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to see that you had a pleasant stay with us, enjoyining all aspect of our service. We are very lucky to be positioned in such a great location and delithted to know that you will return to stay with us when back in London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Whilst I live in london, I had a friend visiting from South Africa and we decided that it would be fun to stay in a London hotel for the weekend. We wanted to be near harvey Nic's and Harrods so chose the Wellesley, that I stumbled across when I typed into a search engine "london luxury hotels with outside space". Well it has been a long time since I have been able to write a review that doesnt have any ifs and buts so it is a pleasure to be able to say that I cannot think of one thing to criticize about the Wellesley. From the first call to the hotel to make the reservation to the moment I had to with a heavy heart check out, this hotel and the staff ( special mention to Lilian the waitress in the crystal bar) was faultless. The room was beautiful and the decor throughout the hotel very stylish. The entire hotel was spotless.
Our room had a tiny balcony with french doors,the bed is large and really comfortable, they have made good use of the space and the bathroom shower is huge ( there is a tub too) . we had breakfast included in our package which you are able to take in any of the "common areas" there was an italian restuarant another little restuarant and then the cigar bar and crystal bar - the latter two have outside terraces with heaters for when its nippy. Breakfast was made to order as oppossed to a "buffet " which I prefer as everything arrives piping hot and there was plenty of it. After a busy shopping day we enjoyed delicious moijitos in the crystal bar - not cheap but then thats London for you. We used the complimentary Rolls to take us to Sloane square , housekeeping accomadated us by doing a turn down service really late....I could go on and on - and no I am not an employee of the the Wellesley just a guest who wished she could move in permanently!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Klaassen
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you very much for the positive comment about your stay with us. I am really glad that you appreciated the decor of our rooms and your mention about the excellence of the service provided by our staff makes us very proud and your feed back will be shared with everybody.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I, as part of her 80th birthday celebration, in London, decided to start off the birthday with a dinner at wellsley's. We had the table dote menu, which was excellent. (It came with a glass of sparkling wine.) the restaurant itself had a great atmosphere, partly created by the music of the singer/ pianist. His music was first class. After dinner we moved into the bar. We were served one of the finest Martini cocktails we have ever had.. To finish off a memorable night we were taken back to our own hotel in the Wellesley's taxi. A luxurious Rolls Royce. Thank you Wellesley for a wonderful night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 297broncobill
AnnaStarkie, Director of Sales at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely note,

We are delighted that you chose to visit Oval at The Wellesley to celebrate this milestone birthday and, on behalf of the whole team, we would like to wish you a very happy 80th birthday.

We hope that for your next stay in London, that you choose to stay with us also.

Kind Regards

Anna

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We chose The Wellesley as it was an easy walk from the V&A after visiting an exhibition there.
A beautiful hotel with friendly and attentive staff, we had a lovely tea while a very talented lady played the piano to entertain us. The surprising thing was that we were the only people there so if you are looking for a luxurious tea-time experience go to The Wellesley!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Patricia T
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback which I have shared with all my colleagues . I am delighted to see that we provided you with a pleasant and efficient service and thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would like to have spent more time here. This is a place with beautiful interior. Did not stay just found the cigar bar while walking by. A great spot for a smoke with an amazing collection of cigars.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank kaivon r

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience in our Cigar Lounge. I am happy to read that you found it pleasant and we will be happy to welcom you back also trying our hotel facilities.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this as last minute afternoon tea. Service was amazing from the moment the door was opened for me. All the staff were friendly and very courteous. Went to the bar for a drink first. Great menu and bar snacks. Terrace was packed but there are 2 sides. The lounge we had the tea in was amazingly restored. Obviously a lot of money gone into make a superb finish. Piano and violin played throughout out lunch which added to the ambience. Tea itself was great. Lovely sandwiches and mini rolls. So many cakes we took them home in a doggy bag! The scones were kept warm and even had a choc chip option! Highly recommend this new venue. Well done

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank extremehardtoplease

Thank you for your kind feedback. It is excellent that you enjoyed “The Wellesley Afternoon Tea” and I have shared your comment with the rest of the team. We are really happy that you appreciated the quality of our food and we hope this will be only the first or many returns.