Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $118.90
from $81.90
from $120.20
More Info
All reviews funniest play monty python slapstick comedy comic timing side splitting dress circle fantastic play peter pan west end plenty of leg room second half front row covent garden farce audience cast stage
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Small and personal theatre. Great views from the stalls . We saw a comedy which was hilarious . Great night out

Reviewed 1 week ago

Never laughed so hard. This slap-stick comedy kept me in stitches from start to finish. It's so well done and the acting is superb. Highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys good old fashioned slap-stick. Lots of cool places to have dinner before the show...all within walking distance of the theater.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My birthday treat tonight. We walked out at the interval. Wish we could have left after 5 minutes. The Mousetrap was bad but this was dreadful. I thought it might be bad when they did some stupid bits with the audience before it started. Didn't realise it would get worse. Questioned my sense of humour, as most people seemed to be laughing, but I felt I was wasting precious time.

1  Thank debbieroberts43
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed this show. It is a slapstick show and it is very well done. The set management was really very good - things stayed on the wall until they weren't supposed it at exactly the right time and the ending is very funny. The acting was very good and some excellent comic timing. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it as did all the kids who sat near us. Leave any preconceptions at the door and just enjoy it - very funny and very well done.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I haven’t been to the theatre in London for a while but was surprised at the security checks going into it. More so the haphazard nature of them, if you had a small handbag go one way if you have a large bag go another. I had a large bag but only because Sketchers issued it to me and all it contained was a pair of trainers - considerably less than most women’s handbags. I met the foyer attendants, grumpy and rude, when I asked where the toilets were. None on ground floor level all upstairs. Service at the bar was slow but the server was cheerful, a stark contrast to the foyer attendants. Usual pricey drinks but as you can’t bring your own food or drink in you are stuck.

I was at the back of the circle, stuck behind a large gentleman with an incredibly loud and obnoxious laugh, so loud most audience members turned to look at and laugh at him rather than the play. He obscured most of my view especially when he lent forward, I had to move from side to side to see the actors. So not a good viewing experience.

Now onto the play, first I agree that some of the slap stick was very repetitive but there were a lot of genuinely funny, laugh out loud moments. Very well acted by the actor who played Cecil and also in the second half the two ladies vying for lead role. Now generations found Carry On films hilarious so why not this? One role that does need changing is the so called male technician-just the worst most unbelievable actor I have ever seen on a stage.

It certainly won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but neither was Avenue Q and I personally loathe Les Mis! So do your research and if you don’t like it then don’t blame the Play. My score was only midrange due to the experiences of the actual theatre otherwise it would have been higher. If you don’t take life too seriously I then go and see this play.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have never reviewed anything like this before, but my experience compels me to do so.
I truly can find nothing to commend this dire show whatsoever, except perhaps to a school group of 6 year-olds. My girlfriend and I kept exchanging glances every so often when the majority of the audience bellowed in laughter which seemed unreal given the hamfisted performances and crass story-line. In no way shape or form could I justify defining this show as a comedy for adults. It was a blessed relief to leave at the interval given it became a struggle to remain seated after 10 minutes.
On our walk back to our hotel we both began to question our sanity and why we seemed to be very much in the minority.

2  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hilarious show. We didn’t stop laughing and the preview of the forthcoming show ‘Magic Goes Wrong’ also looks very funny.
Our 10 year old really enjoyed it but was possibly still a little young to fully appreciate the humour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved The Play that Gies Wrong very funny and brilliant acting.

However we were in the circle and the smell of old carpets and dust made me sneeze all evening. Especially bad on the stairs to the ladies toilets.
Probably needs a good vacuum at least if not replacing.
Have been to most London theatres and this one is small and quaint but needs TLC.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Heard number of good reviews and lots of advertising... finally decided to go. It is probably funny for 5 mins, but after... I genuinely tried to understand why it is supposed to be comedy. This silly ‘cannot even call it humour’ actions been really disappointing so no humour no really good acting performance which could’ve saved it(((
Stayed for the second part to give it a chance to recover... but it did not happen unfortunately(

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked tickets to go see ‘The play that goes wrong’. First we bumped into someone from our theatre at home working front of house. We were shown to our seats (K1 & 2) better leg room than other theatres, with only a slightly restricted view from K1. The show has you laughing from even before curtains up and doesn’t stop! Great cast, venue and location will come back in November!