“Very fun retro diner”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had a very fun time with the wife, been many years since we've been to a diner for a milkshake but it brought back many memories. Has a great Americana theme with lots of funky memorabilia on the walls, couple of old style booths and some comfy sofas and arm chairs to relax in. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was excellent.

We had hotdogs and bourbon vanilla milkshakes and while not gourmet we really enjoyed ourselves and the experience. Imagine its a great spot for youngsters on a budget but perfect for us oldies too.

1  Thank Rick J

Reviewed March 27, 2013

a very cozy, lively place with two young owners; sometimes they serve a bit food at night, but their main thing is the cool milkshake. Recommend: "the major" - and ask them about the name :-D

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This diner made me laugh...in a good way. It was very 'amarican diner styled' and being in Europe for a while I enjoyed that. I had a hotdog, it was good. They also have fries, pancakes, milkshakes and hot chocolate. No burgers though. The girls working there was really nice and it was a calm atmosphere to be in.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I go here a lot with my friends I love it, we come to chill out or chat the fries and are shakes are deeeelicious!, cheap drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic, you have to order at the till which is fine first time we waited for someone to serve us but that's not what happens here, It's become our favorite hangout and slap bang in trendy Shoreditch what more could I ask for. Free wi-fi to top it all.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've walked past this place countless times as it's on my way home, so last night I thought I'd go in and see what was on offer.

I did do a bit of digging on the internet beforehand to see if it was the type of place I'd like. I was looking for some place where I could go andf chill out after work with a paper, and not necessarily have a full meal or alcoholic drink.

It was spacious inside, and offers free wi-fi which is great. You can go in there on your own or with friends, and you're not hurried out in any way - feel free to chill out and take it easy.

The food choice was limited to hot dogs, chips, nachos etc. (no burgers) - ie. vey simple food. As the name suggests, it's a milkshake bar and very good they were too. I was a bit greedy and had a chocolate shake and a vanilla shake. Next time I'll try the peanut butter one!

They also do milkshakes with alcohol shots added to them, or lattes etc, but I just fancied a normal milkshake.

The interior is like an American 50s diner and really cosy with exposed brick walls inside.

I'm glad I gave it a try as I didn't fancy going to one of the "cool" noisy bars in Shoreditch - this was perfect.

If you're looking for a place that's got a great relaxed feel, where you don't want to be rushed and can hear yourserlf think and talk, then definitely give the Love Shake a try.

I'll definitely be going back!