“Appalling Service”

Pizza Express
Ranked #11,462 of 28,464 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 3, 2019

Had lunch with my husband and two young kids, we were shown to a table, no one came to take our order, after waiting 20mins we had to ask someone to take our order. The restaurant was not busy, the waiting staff were just standing around chatting. It took another 15mins for our drinks to come. It took a while longer for starters to come. After our starters we waited and waited but no one came to clear the table, we had to complain to the manager who came over, she didn’t even apologise, nor did she offer any complimentary drinks. Very poor customer service. By this time I had lost my appetite and told her to forget my food and just hurry up with the kids pizzas. When we finally got the bill the manager had taken a third off, I don’t think this was sufficient but I was so fed up and just wanted to go, so we paid the bill. This restaurant ruined our otherwise fun day out.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (171)

Reviewed July 8, 2019

I had an awesome exerience at pizza express O2. The Margherita pizza was great, and the service from Myron was exceptional. Smile on his face throughout his speedy service. I highly recommend pizza express O2 to all who want a 5 star pizza.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Looking for something to eat after a concert we found most places in the O2 were closed. Pizza Express was almost empty and we were quickly shown to a table, our order taken and within 10 minutes we had our pizzas. Thereafter the restaurant quickly filled up. In summary good service and just what we wanted.

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

We are staying in the Docklands area. Fancied a wander so caught the tube over to the O2. Found pizza express. It was empty and this was 6.30 on a Tuesday night .. Waitress very polite and friendly. She allowed us to sit anywhere we wanted as we was the only ones dining ..
Drinks and good ordered within 5 mins of arriving . Drinks served then the Starter came out after a short wait. Hot and fresh. Once starters were cleared mains arrived within 5 mins. Again food was fresh and hot. Whilst dining a few more families came in. It was a lovely quiet meal for the 2 of us as we normally have kids in tow or friends. Great food and customer service.
Would definitely return ..

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

My pizza arrived cold however my friend was lovely. Both ordered biscotti cheesecake lovely but no cutlery to eat with and no milk came with hot drinks had to chase our waiter.