“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Patty & Bun

Patty & Bun
Ranked #308 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Marylebone
London
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hands down the best burger in London, forget Meat liquor. Whenever I get that craving for Burger I head here.

• Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“No Meat Liquor. Excellent Staff - Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here last night to try it out as had been recommended it by a friend, however it is really poor in terms of food. The staff are extremely pleasant and the ambiance is great. Although there was a long queue outside, due to the fact that it is very small inside - that wasn't an issue as it can be often times expected in London. In regards to the food, I had the Smokey Robinson Burger and my dining companion had the Hot Chic Chicken Burger with sides of chicken wings and fries. All was terrible, apart from the fries, when compared to the amazing burgers of Meat Liquor (I would use Meat Liquor as the closest comparison as it is more or less the same in vibe, ambiance, presentation of food, location and price). The sauce in the smokey robinson was so laced in sugar that it was sickening to eat and could barely taste the BBQ flavour. The burger itself was fairly raw red inside. I am always confused when burger joints cook burgers in this fashion, as it only makes sense when cooking a steak (I love my steaks rare or medium rare) where all the bits of the meat are a unified entity, however when cooking burgers one needs to cook it closer to medium well done to ensure that all the fat elements in the mince melt allowing that "juicy burger" flavour to melt through! Otherwise, as is the case with Patty and Bun, you are left with the feeling of raw fat in your burger, which is never pleasant. How Meat Liquor or other burger joints get around this is they will make the same patty thinner or make two patties instead, therefore allowing more grilled flavour (due to larger grilled surface area) and also allowing the fat and meat to expel more juicy flavour. My dining companion's chicken burger, of which I had two bites, was beyong dreadful - it tasted like when you go to a local sandwich shop at a countryside motor services and all you can taste is processed chicken overloaded with flavours of coleslaw and mayo. If you are going to have the chicken burger, I would strongly recommend either bringing a McChicken Sandwich with you or 6inch Subway Roast Chicken Sub - as they would be significantly better. The chicken burger is so far of the mark, that even by the proprietors heading out into the streets of London and taking inspiration from Chicken Cottage - they would do better. This item on the menu needs a complete tear down and re-work. Now, finally, to the worst part of the meal - the chicken wings. My dining companion managed to eat one - to which she then had to politely expel from her mouth into a napkin. I, on the other hand, managed to eat two of them - but to later regret this, as the flavour would never leave my mouth for hours to come. The flavour and quality of the wings is beyond appalling. Like the sauce of the sugar, they are sickly sweet and have bizarre smell to them that drastically influences the taste sensation as they go down. In terms of texture as you eat them, they have unique feel that I can only describe as wet chalk going down. Also, if you do happen to pick Meat Liquor over Patty and Bun - try their chicken wings. They are AMAZING, along with their onion rings As I said earlier in my review, the fries were the best part - but really, if you are getting French Fries wrong, then you might as well close the doors. I hope that this feedback serves in helping the proprietors improved their product offering because as I said previously the staff and ambience are superb.
To sum up, if you want the best burgers in town for the same or less money - go to Meat Liquor (by the way, word of advice although the queue for meat liquor may look longer, it passes much quicker as the capacity inside is about four times the size). If you want a simple but tasty burger, go to a good outlet of Byron Burger. But, if you would like a burger that is on the same footing or less than a GBK burger, but served in a trendy setting for twice the price - go to Patty and Bun.

1 Thank NP757
“Very good burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

As we are doing the best burger joints in london, had to go here. Helpful staff had me seated quickly, Chose my burger and sides, all arrived in good time. The juiciest burger I've had, and very tasty, well cooked and seasoned.

Will be returning.

1 Thank Alox B
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Been there after we read some great reviews from different bloggers and I must say it was worth it. We arrived and there were 6-8 people in the queue. We waited just 10 minutes and we were seated.
We ordered the 'Ari Gold' cheeseburger (£ 7.50) and the 'Smokey Robinson' burger (£8.50). We also took a portion of chips with rosemary and salt (£2.50). They came wrapped in paper. As soon as you lift the burger you can feel the weight. You open it and...AMAZING! Glazed bun, rare-medium burger, nice and juicy. Chips were also very good (salty).
Staff were young and friendly, no compulsary service charge was added to the bill.
The atmosphere is nice (like being in a kitchen, very chilled feeling).

Top tips: 1. Timing is essential if you don't want to wait a long time (it is always, always full)
2. Eat with your hands, be sloppy (otherwise you miss out the experience).
3. Lemonade to wash down everything is suggested whilst you eat.

3 Thank TheTraveller8989
London, United Kingdom
“Great Burger. Will be back to try all the others...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I came here after work (01/03/13), just to try one of their much talked about burgers following a raving recommendation from a friend. I arrived at 5.45pm and there was a small queue. I bypassed this to get a take-away. I ordered the Ari Gold Cheese Burger. Having ordered I saw a bar area where I could sit and eat, and so asked the waitress if I could - she was nice enough to allow me to.

My order took 10 minutes - Sweet!

The Burger - Ari Gold Cheese Burger
The beef patty was cooked rare (just how I like it), and it was flavorsome and really juicy - perfect. Using brioche bread as the bun was new to me but made for a very nice one. The burger came topped with tomatoes, pickled onions (which were very nice), lettuce and a cheese which complimented it all very nicely indeed.
This was one of the best burgers that I've had and for £7.50 was a great purchase.

The Service
The staff were young, cool, trendy and very helpful and served with a smile.

The Restaurant
Nice cool vibe to it, with arty decorations and features.

I highly recommend Patty & Bun to any burger enthusiasts - it's a must try.