Paul A Young Fine Chocolates

from $41.28
from $399.93
from $36.12
More Info
All reviews chocolate tour wardour street chocolate tasting salted caramel brownie marmite chocolatier shop soho gifts
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2018

We went specifically for the hot chocolate. They make it in front of you adding spices and salt (however you like, of the house special) to literal molten chocolate. Delicious.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

we went into this shop as part of our chocolate tour, was a lovely shop and nice you were given a discount on buying

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Discovered this chocolatier as part of a chocolate tour. Lovely little shop with beautifully displayed range of chocolates, they also sell fabulous brownies.

Amazing range of unique flavours, think Marmite and fennel as well as lovely fruit combinations, passion fruit, peach etc and the more usual salted caramel, raspberry, coffee etc. Flavours change on a regular basis and there are also seasonal offerings, Hot Cross Bun was available when we visited. They also have plain chocolate with varying degrees of cocoa percentage.

Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and very willing to discuss choices and offer tasters, and you are not rushed to make a decision which is good as it was very hard to select what to have. Not cheap but well worth the price for such a high quality product.

Will most definitely be visiting again when next in London.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank earthtravelller
Reviewed April 9, 2018

This is a short course run by the chocolatiers at Paul A Young. If you like (great) chocolate and have an interest in making something simple but fab at home then this is for you.

Its run in the basement of their Wardour Street shop (where they make the chocolates they sell in their shops) so right from the start its an interesting introduction to the world of fine chocolate making. By the end of the course you will have learnt to make chocolate truffles and chocolate bars but the great thing about the course is all the additional info. you will pick up along the way.

In making the chocolates we got to choose flavourings, discuss the value of essential oils, experiment with flavour pairings and try our hand at decoration (inc. edible metallic paints and powders). The chocolate tasting was great and a really informative session. We learnt how to temper chocolate and why.

Hayley and her colleague are extremely knowledge and enthusiastic - their love of their job and chocolate was infectious. The group was small (7) and hands on right from the start - we all tried everything including tempering which was hilariously messy and huge fun.

The notes were good (a book by Paul Young), Hayley always explained how to make things work at home AND you get to take away a bag of all the great chocolates you have made.

This is a really good course - go it alone or go with a friend - it will be fun no matter what.

There are only two things to note - the course is in the basement and access is limited. It runs for 5 hours and you don't stop for lunch. You will have tasted lots of chocolate so you won't exactly be hungry but I would recommend that you stock up on a good breakfast beforehand.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2018

The chocolate here is lovely, especially the one with salted caramel and the brownie here is tasty and the billionaire shortbread delicious. If based on the food alone, I would give it 4 stars, so probably will come back.

My one problem with this place is that the staff last time I came was very very rude. I made a comment that the chocolate looked delicious and the guy was like "well yeah... it's chocolate" and looked at me awkwardly, he forgot some of the products I had taken to the counter with me then blamed me saying I should have made it clear that I was taking those things: I TOOK IT TO THE COUNTER WHAT DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO DO WITH IT?! STEAL IT?!

Date of experience: February 2018