“Terrible coffee and overpriced”
Review of Scoffs - CLOSED

Scoffs
Cuisines: Healthy
Neighborhood: Westminster
Neighborhood: Westminster
“Terrible coffee and overpriced”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a place to merely scoff at. They don't serve proper coffee, the food is nothing special for the prices they ask for and the Victoria st store was empty this morning on the way to work. Situated between a Starbucks and a Pret it wasn't hard to see why they were busy and Scoffs was not.

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Very small portions”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Food is just O.K.(I had prawn coctail),however boxes are small filled mostly with some kind of salad,it cost 3£ which in my opinion is a bit too much for a handful of grass...I've walked past the store many times and staff always seem to be very" busy" leaning on the counter and chatting to each other.Not really welcoming picture.

• Visited April 2013
London, UK
“Mediocre food at high prices”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I work in Victoria and decided to give Scoffs a try as a change from my usual lunch places. I won't be going back. I had a coronaiton chicken and ceaser salad box plus a rhubard and custard pot for dessert. The salad was mostly OK (the croutons weren't great) but really nothing special, and very small. The rhubard was barely cooked and so tart it was barely edible (and I'm someone who likes tart flavours, and grew up eating raw rhibard dipped in sugar). It just wasn't a path on Eat, Pret, or M&S for quality, and the price was rediculously expensive for what it was. It's also not a very inviting place to go into - the decor is very cold, and it reminds me of a low-quality1970's highstreet sandwich shop. As another reviewer has commented, Victoria could do with more lunch options and many places have queues out of the door, or are expanding. I was the only customer when I went in, and I've never seen this place busy.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“No more sandwiches!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great idea and a much needed alternative to bland sandwiches from larger chain cafes. I have had soup and spicy meatballs for lunch and have taken some of the salads home to have with my supper. The food was really good on all 3 occasions and it's also nice to be able to get a cup of decent coffee (Nespresso) in the morning. The shop itself is a bit cold and uninviting, (immaculately clean) but once inside the food looks great. Can highly recommend the Chicken Chowder! Scoffs is definitely becoming part of my weekly lunch venue of choice and I would advise anyone in the area to give it a go.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Laura C
Chapin, Illinois
“Something Different in a sea of sandwiches and sushi”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

was visiting London during a vacation, and was looking for something a bit different - London is FULL of Pret A Manger, EAT, Wasabi, and other nice small chain restaurants. I like all of those, but I thought Scoffs looked like an nice alternative. The food is served in bento-type boxes, with 3 or 4 needed to make a meal. I got a 4-bento box, with chicken salad, small lettuce salad/cheese, pickles wrapped in ham, and potatoes. A 4 bento box earned a free small dessert, so I chose chocolate mousse. Everything was very flavorful, not bland, and even though it was the end of the day, seemed fresh. It felt like a meal of appetizers, as none of it was full meal serving. I liked the idea of getting small portions of multiple things. Negatives were the weird yellow goop with the pickles (what was that?), lack of seating (maybe 10 seats in the entire place) and no public toilets. I would go back when in the area again.

• Visited December 2012