“Still the best for beer”
Review of The Harp

The Harp
Ranked #215 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: A blissfully traditional place with great beer and good old conversation, also well known for our traditional cider and perry from all around the country. Located in London’s famous Covent Garden area, The Harp is a great example of a Traditional British Ale House.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This place has become a 'must visit' for every trip we make up to London these days.
On our latest trip for an evening concert at the RFH, my poor wife had to go off for lunch and an art exhibition with a friend (where she has awarded only 1 star for her appalling lunch experience) so I was left to my own devices. I made a bee-line to the Harp where I consumed 2 pints of real ale (Dark Star Hophead & Lustin' for Stout) plus a creole sausage.
Absolute heaven, so I clearly got by far the best of the deal!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went into this pub thinking they did breakfast but the lady welcomed us, had a laugh with one of the company I was with and suggested a place to eat down the road. We went back into the bar a little while later as we were meeting family members to go onto an event. The staff were really friendly, A few good ales on and service was very good. It did get packed so we all sat upstairs in what looked like someone's living room but it was still part of the pub. 10/10.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great selection of ales and cider, perry, and some export lager.

Decent prices.

Staff are polite and attentive.

Downside is due to popularity its packed at weekend, the gents are a complete nightmare; halfway up an old iron stairwell.

The door leading to the outside alley cant be opened when carrying more than one pint, has no glass (to see through) and is an accident waiting to happen.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My favourite pub in this part of London. Service is quick no matter how crowded the pub is. I often stand in the back alley which is quieter than the front. Carpets upstairs are sticky. Good thing the ale is great. Large range of ales on draft.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

They have 8-10 very good real ales on tap looked after well in a small pub with great atmosphere and you don't pay through the nose for a pint happy days