“Good atmosphere, good food”
Review of Monello Pizza Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Live in the area and have been here quite a few times now and I have become a real fan. Every time you go in you are welcomed by freindly staff and the food is always fresh and tastes good. What really make this place though is the atmosphere. Always lively and buzzy, good for any occasion.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Monella is one of the great experiences I had while I was in London. The atmosphere is really cozy and warm which makes it unforgettable and pops up in your mind every now and then. The food is just exquisite. There are a lot of Italian restaurants that is true, but Monello offers explosions of taste! And they have generous portions. I recommend Monello for a great lunch or a romantic evening, you will not regret it. I also recommend the pana cotta. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner and I called in here last Sunday evening (24th February) for a meal. A bit of a change since we were last here some years back when it was called Biancci. Still progress is progress and we found it to be a much changed but still atmospheric bistro restaurant. The food was excellent and whether it was pasta or pizza based, it was superb. Good wine and a very attentive staff made sure we enjoyed the occassion. Not cheap, about £35 per head including a 12.5% service charge, but when you consider what you have to pay elsewhere in South Kensington, it was good value. We would go there again the next time we are up from the sticks!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was surprised by how great this small Italian saturation was. I expected just normal pizza joint but had an amazing zuppe baccala ( fish soup), great fresh tuna salad ( big portion) and tasty wood fired pizza. Not cheap but then where in south Kensington is?!
I ate on the heated terrace with warm throws they give you - simply lovely!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We walked past Monello many times before giving it a try recently. It was a real revelation. The service was fantastic, very friendly, nothing is a problem, super efficient. The food is fantastic. It is very unusual to find someone cooking in real wood burning pizza ovens in the middle of a city like London and the taste really shows. All of the pizzas we have tried were delicious. The pizza with truffles is incredible even if a little pricey - well worth it though. They have a great wine list and the prices are fairly reasonable given the quality. Monello has only opened recently and is probably a little unknown but has already become a firm favourite for our family. Highly recommended!