“Relaxed, great value amazing food”

Pera Restaurant islington
Ranked #106 of 23,030 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed, great value amazing food”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Amazing little place! Staff were very attentive, friendly and humorous . We even received a free glass of wine because we arrived between 5-7pm. Food was tasty, meat cooked to perfection a great little place would highly recommend!

• Visited December 2013

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was our second visit to Pera in 4 months; this time to celebrate a 60th birthday party. The table was beautifully set with confetti, banners and balloons. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff provided excellent service, very friendly. There were 11 of us and everyone talked of the high standard of food and service. The staff did us proud. We had travelled to this restaurant from Edinburgh, Cornwall, Devon, St. Albans and East London and would do so again without hesitation!

“A real nice surprise”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I adore Turkish food anyway but this place is a little gem. Great food, unpretentious with friendly service. For the price you could barely get a McDonalds. I had the vege meze platter at around 8 quid which was really filling and really tasty. If I could afford to live in Islington then this place would become a regular haunt.

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful, as always. Delicious food and a warm welcome!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have visited Pera at least a dozen times, so we thought a review was well overdue. The food is absolutely excellent, the service is great and above all the staff are incredibly friendly. We can't recommend this restaurant highly enough and we have sampled a great deal of what the menu has to offer. Particular highlights are the warm flat bread, fresh olives and feta appetiser (which is complementary and delicious), followers by the garlic prawns/mixed sausage starters (yum) and the lamb shank or chicken shish. The wine is good and well-priced. We should say that we have had breakfast here too a few times and that is also worth visiting for - the creamed spinach is delicious. The restaurant is atmospheric, usually busy, but not too noisy. All in all, super, friendly, service with perfectly cooked food. Much better than other similar offerings on Upper Street. A great find!

1 Thank N1Dweller
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Food good, but....”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Don't bother with this restaurant if you're pregnant. Nothing on the starters which I either could eat / wanted to eat so ask for some bread instead - was told by waitress that they would not just give me bread and that I needed to order a starter. At first I thought she was joking....but no - deadly serious! I felt bullied into ordering a starter, only half of which I ate, then when my plate was being cleared by the (I assume owner?) he asked why I hadn't finished, when I explained that I couldn't eat the chorizo he said I should've said when I had ordered. Very frustrating. When ordering mains I didn't want rice so asked for potatoes instead - and it was beautiful, the chicken was especially lovely. Again though when clearing the plates I was asked 'whether I was still fighting with it or was I finished' which I didn't appreciate - being pregnant my appetite isn't as great for large meals, and I do tend to eat slower - no need to make me feel bad about it though! Anyway, like I've said, the food was great, but I could've done without the extra comments....