“Best practice” 5 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best practice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Lively place, good food and very "home, sweet home" atmosphere. I had a lesson about pasta preparing in Recepease, It was very good experience - our teacher was in good mood and took her experience to us. Group was about 10 people, different ages, companies and only I was from another country. I strongly recommend if you visiting London, buy the lesson in Recepease, if you haven't time, just have a breakfast.

1 Thank Elena371

• Korean first
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“It must be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went to this cafe for breakfast following the name of its owner. I thought it would be much better. But I was deeply disappoindet with breakfast. The food was absolutely tasteless. Scrambled eggs were overcooked, bread was not fresh. So it's just a name unfortunately. I discovered then lots of more interesting places around Portobello road for breakfast.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great alternative group dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

A group of six of us went to Recipease to try the Vietnamese Street food class. The group was pretty large (15 in total), but the cooking was pretty straight forward so it wasn't really an issue.

The food we cooked ourselves was great tasting and we had real fun preparing it. I'm not so sure how engaging it would be if you went just as a couple, but if a few of you are planning to eat out it's worth considering.

1 Thank sharkymc
Telford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Jamies cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

After reading the reviews of this lovely place I feel compelled to point out that as advertised on jamies website - this is not a restaurant - this is a cafe. A cafe that happens to have had the novel idea to teach people the basics of cooking/baking.
If you are expecting a restaurant 3 course meal dining experience then this will not be it.
However what is does have is a wonderful vibe, great attentive staff , lots of seating space for the age old past time of people watching - and more importantly simple well cooked food . It's great for breakfast, brunch, lunch and snacks .
We shared a pizza topped with Parma ham, buffalo mozzarella and rocket , and shared a portion of crunchy roast potatoes in garlic and rosemary . A smoothie of the day - beet root and banana was lovely , coffee was great too. Our bill was £23 - which for london and the quality of food, i think is great value.
We will definitely return.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rebecca J
New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I took the Knead to Know Class this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it! Jimmy guided us through three kinds of bread, a crusty white bread, a stuffed bread and a focaccia bread. Excellent for various skill levels and would definitely recommend as a fun activity for your stay in London. Not only will you walk away with a healthy supply of delicious breads but you leave with confidence in your ability to make homemade bread!

Visited May 2013