“A hidden gem in London you can't miss”
Review of La Gourmandina

La Gourmandina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gourmandina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,819 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: La gourmandina is an Italian and French Restaurant, owned and managed by a Franco-Italian couple, who like to define themselves as "French and Italian Enogastronomic Ambassadors". They bring together the best of both worlds by making London discover traditional regional French and Italian dishes that can't be easily found elsewhere. The menu changes regularly with the seasons to offer only the freshest ingredients at the right time. Everything is prepared with the highest quality ingredients to put Products under the spotlight and let their best natural flavors speak. Selection of natural, bio-dynamic and high quality wines.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat and accidentally we found a beautiful quite street and there we found this hidden gem.

Home made Italian French food cooked to perfection. I had an amazing lasagna and different entrees that we shared, all delicious. Great recommendations of different Italian and French wines at a very good price. Service was also great and I found the place very pleasant to go any time.

I don't understand the previous comment complaining about the coffee, it was one of the best I had in London, real ristretto and real latte in a glass. Definitely If you want big espressos or 1 liter lattes you better go to a Starbacks or Cafe Nero but if you want real coffee La Gourmandina is your place.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My friend recommended here as she gets lunch here regularly. We had brunch which was limited to egg dishes and french toast. Unfortunately they lost my order and no one came to tell me as my friends ate theirs and were nearly finished when my did arrive. Although the owner did apologise, the servers were not busy with 3 covers on a Saturday afternoon and could and should have informed us without my having to find and ask.
The chocolate torte is excellent, worth going for just for that. Perfect in a chocolate fondant style.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I went today with couple of colleague to this new address that inspired us. Already the location is very nice and the place makes you want to get in. We had the lasagne and couple of other dishes like aubergine lasagne. And we follow the recommendation from the sommelier and had a nice red wine from Tuscany! I am looking forward to join one of their Wednesday aperitivo.. I heard it is really nice.
Finally the coffee was one the best I had in London.. I almost felt back in Tuscany. We will come back!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Lambs Conduit is a calm & stylish gem of a street midst the hussle & bussle of this great, world, metropolis. In many ways, you could be in a fashionable market town in one of the English shires. (For what it's worth, note that I have adopted the actual street signage spelling of the word "Lambs" i.e. no apostrophe after the "b". Quirky in itself).
La Gourmetteria slots-in marvellously among the street's mixture of independent retailers. With its strapline "Epicerie Comptoir Bottega Enoteca" I reckon on it being just that.

We were immediately welcomed by a chap behind the 'counter' - it would be presumptuous to refer to him as the "garcon de Comptoir" ! Take note of this welcome you offenders in the service industry. This friendliness was sustained by all of the team, throughout. Our choice was to sit up front, by the shop window, and watch the world go by. But we could have gone to a more comfortable seating arrangement in the back ... beyond their little 'epicerie'

The Saturday Brunch Menu (10.00 thru 15.30) comprises an authentic, French, 'petite dejeuner' ... a snip at £6.50 which extended to a glass of orange juice. But, having just done a lot of walking, we wanted something a bit more substantial. And so we ordered, from the a la carte section, a couple of their 'classic mixed cheese & charcuterie platters'. They come with a panier of various artisan breads, Italian mostarda and crunchy cornichons. The platters themselves were fashioned out of olive wood. Variety of this whole 'box & dice' was laudable. With it, we drank Prosecco. I tell you, if we lived within walking distance of La Gourmetteria, we'd be habituees.
It all worked out at £29.50. The mathematically minded will, at a stroke, have figured this to be £14.75 each: less than a glass of Champagne at a 5-star London hotel. Okay, I may not be comparing like-with-like but you'll get my drift.

(I began writing this review by rating it 'very good'. But as I progressed, and reflected, I realized that I would have done it an injustice: it really is worthy of the 'excellent' rating which I have given it ).

2  Thank Barton-bonviveur
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I really want this place to survive - the food is wonderful and reasonably priced. We, in Bloomsbury were gagging for something like this to open but,....

The coffee isn't good enough. The quality of the coffee itself isn't too bad, though no where near as good as the Espresso room, around the corner.

Coffee is served in only one size - too small! Customers need a choice to go larger because that is what they've been used to. They feel short changed by small coffees! Also, stop trying to make people have lattes in glass - most people don't like it.

Basically the way coffee is served is too French and authoritarian and if there's one thing I know it's that whilst French authoritarianism works for food it does not work for coffee!