“Great food ”

Ranked #1,252 of 27,521 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: WELCOME TO MASH LONDON MASH is located in the lower ground floors of the former Regent Palace Hotel which dates back to 1915, it was the largest hotel in Europe at that time.Upon arrival you will be greeted by a very MODERN AMERICAN STEAK HOUSE design of restaurant, bringing the venue into modern day times.Glide down the magnificent suspended staircase which is draped in luxurious red carpet, where our reception team will greet you and effortlessly guide you through the art deco venue. We welcome you to the MASH adventure. Our Private Dining Room Accommodates a maximum of 18 people , Our Semi Private Dining room Accommodates a maximum of 24 people Total restaurant seating area: 350 Total restaurant area: 450 for a standing reception For inquiries, Please contact our reservations and events department for further information between 9 am and 6 pm - Mon-Saturday.
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Everyone that had the steaks said they were fantastic. Everything we ordered was spot on and service from all the staff was very good too. Alll in all it was a great night with very nice food.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Mikemichael1973
Mash L, Head of Marketing and Events at MASH Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Michael,

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for taking your time and leave us this review.

We work hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

We look forward to serving you again in the near​ future.

I wish you a fabulous Friday and a great weekend ahead.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed March 19, 2019

It was quiet but then it was a Monday night. Setting is impressive but cavernous and a bit impersonal when empty. Staff were friendly although struggled to remember what gins they had. Small cocktail menu but my dining companion found something yummy. Couldn't fault the steak - we opted for Porterhouse (long time since I last had it in NYC) - perfectly cooked served with green salad and fries and a great bottle of Sonoma Zinfandel. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Mummyah

Dear Mummyah,

Thank you for your time to leave us a review.

I'm glad that your steak was perfectly cooked and you enjoyed it along with green salad and fries as well as a bottle of Sonoma Zindafel wine.

Sunday - Tuesday are the quietest days of the week while the weekend is packed. I'm sorry to read that member of staff didn't remember the gins - I will pass this on to our Bar Manager to ensure everyone is aware of the list. We've recently hired more people - it might be the reason, therefore please accept my apologies on their behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner at MASH for my wife’s birthday whilst staying in London for the weekend, I’d never been before but based on the reviews thought it was worth a visit.
I’m glad we did have our dinner there, the restaurant is really stylish and very different from anywhere else.
We arrived really early for our reservation so had a drink at the bar first but then asked to go to our table early which wasn’t a problem. As for the food, wow, so much choice of steak, we both had American ribeye which was cooked as requested and I can honestly say it was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had! It’s not cheap but it’s worth it and the service is great, food arrived quickly and the staff were very friendly and polite. On the reservation I requested that any dessert my wife ordered came with a birthday message which it did so she was happy.
I would definitely go back!
It was very busy by the time I left so I would definitely recommend reserving.

1  Thank 68danh
Mash L, Head of Marketing and Events at MASH Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear Happy Guest,

Wow! What a feedback! Thank you for the 5-bubble rating here on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to read that your entire experience brought you so many positive feelings and emotions. This is precisely what we aim for - to be one of the best restaurants in London!

I will share your feedback on our internal MASH Academy system where all the employees (including Germany and Denmark) can read your input.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Have a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

The idea to treat ourselves with good steaks came into our mind on our second day of London vacation. And the Mash steakhouse was chosen after some reviews learning.
So said, so done, and upon coming in we appreciated those modern as well as red furniture decoration inside.
The first bell rang when a waitress hesitated answering my question about Fillet Mignon steak in the menu - her colleague helped her with that.
The second bell warned us when a waiter couldn’t open properly a small box with caviar and had to bring another one.
The third bell was about quality of grilled prawns we ordered as a starter - they tasted too solid.
The forth bell rang about 30 minutes - that was our steaks’ waiting time.
And the fifth bell became like an icing on the cake. The matter was that we asked for Wague - Kobe Japanese prime cut - as it was mentioned in a menu. What they brought us looked and tasted like any type of meat except Wague. To be honest, the second steak we ordered - Fillet Mignon medium rare (meat from Uruguay) - was pretty delicious. But as to Wague, I was sure that had been a small piece of Ribeye steak - maximum.
In result, we figured out of having had the three possible options:
We were served with the worst Wague we’ve ever had;
The Mash steakhouse sold us something similar to Ribeye for the Wague steak price (not a bad business at all!);
They mixed something in the kitchen by mistake.
But a dessert was outstanding - the Mash Cheesecake with Berry Compote and Raspberry Sorbet with an extra scoop of Vanilla ice cream along with the Mash coffee. As well as a beautiful red Merlot from the Washington state.
And at the end our waiter couldn’t give us any clear explanation about an issue with a quasi Wague… At the end they brought a receipt in the envelope with a word «Damage» on it. As for us that was not financial but emotional damage there.
Did that mean that Fish and Chips had been a "ceiling" for a British cuisine?

Date of visit: March 2019
Mash L, Head of Marketing and Events at MASH Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write this feedback.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our Art Deco style inside the restaurant. I am also happy to know that your dessert was outstanding as well as red Merlot bottle of wine.

Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the team who didn’t deliver the top quality of food and service as per our standard. We looked into all the comments you made - your feedback has been forwarded to our Head Chef to ensure this doesn't happen again. We are incredibly sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. I've also spoken to the waiter who was serving you - he has been working here a long time and unfortunately there was an issue with a particular box of caviar. Please accept my apologies once again.

I hope you will give us a chance and visit MASH once again in the near future.

We want to make sure that such mistakes don't happen again. Your feedback makes us better.

I wish you a wonderful Thursday and I ​hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Great location
Great decor
Great service
Super steaks

This is a great location and venue for leisure or business, large or small groups

Date of visit: March 2019
Mash L, Head of Marketing and Events at MASH Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear Merlin,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I appreciate your time!

You have mentioned everything that our general aim consists of! The best part is to read that our guests think the same. This encourages us to continue doing what we are doing.

Thank you once again, and I wish you a wonderf​ul Monday and a great week ahead.