“Fabulous steak”

Ranked #436 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: WELCOME TO MASH LONDON MASH is located in the lower ground floors of the former Regent Palace Hotel which dates back to 1915, it was the largest hotel in Europe at that time.Upon arrival you will be greeted by a very MODERN AMERICAN STEAK HOUSE design of restaurant, bringing the venue into modern day times.Glide down the magnificent suspended staircase which is draped in luxurious red carpet, where our reception team will greet you and effortlessly guide you through the art deco venue. We welcome you to the MASH adventure. Our Private Dining Room Accommodates a maximum of 18 people , Our Semi Private Dining room Accommodates a maximum of 24 people Total restaurant seating area: 350 Total restaurant area: 450 for a standing reception For inquiries, Please contact our reservations and events department for further information between 9 am and 6 pm - Mon-Saturday.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Was slightly dubious when I saw the size of the restaurant but I have to admit that this was possibly the best rib eye steak I have ever eaten. Well cooked fabulously seasoned and melted in your mouth. Service could be a bit slicker, but it's a huge restaurant and the food compensated

Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife. At half the price it would have got a good. But my steak was very fatty so after trimming this began to look poor value. Cost £178 for two including a cheap bottle of wine @ £39. There are much better options in London even though as stated here by others the venue is well located and very swish.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Being a resident of Copenhagen from where MASH originates I am already a fan and has been many times to MASH.
It is a classic, higher class steakhouse with of course meet as the core ingredient. A copy some might say of the famous Mortons in US ....
As always the meat was of high quality and served to perfection. The side dishes good and tasty. For starter we had both Lobster and the pasta with mushrooms, both also delicate
The reason why I do not rate the London MASH above average (as I have done with other MASH) is that both the service, the speed and the noice level was not acceptable
We were a group of 5 people and were sat at round table but it was impossible to talk to other than the one next to you and that was even difficult - also we several times had to scout for te waiter and draw attention to ourself to get service - The restaurant room is HUGE and maybe it is too big .....

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Saturday night was my second visit to MASH and it was even better than before! The décor is fantastic, the staff are really lovely, friendly and very professional. The food is divine. The steak is melt in your mouth and the sides are great!
The wine list is fantastic. It isn't cheap by any means... dinner for 2 with some sides, 2 bottles of wine, 2 cocktails- £260. Worth it though! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a fantastic boozy lunch here. The significance of the 'boozy' being that we were there for about 4 hours and at no point were we made to rush or feel that they were trying to move us on.

The venue is incredible, like a vast 1029's ballroom with ornate furnishings and wide, plush seating booths.

The staff were friendly, attentive and consistent - even the creepy sommelier who had a totally expressionless face.

The only let down for me was my steak. It was huge and tasty, but over 50% of it was inedible fat and bone etc. On the plus though, the sides were phenomenal. Especially the MASH.

Definitely will be returning here - i just won't be ordering the bone in NY strip.