“Drinks ”

Ranked #1,091 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: WELCOME TO MASH LONDON MASH is located in the lower ground floors of the former Regent Palace Hotel which dates back to 1915, it was the largest hotel in Europe at that time.Upon arrival you will be greeted by a very MODERN AMERICAN STEAK HOUSE design of restaurant, bringing the venue into modern day times.Glide down the magnificent suspended staircase which is draped in luxurious red carpet, where our reception team will greet you and effortlessly guide you through the art deco venue. We welcome you to the MASH adventure. Our Private Dining Room Accommodates a maximum of 18 people , Our Semi Private Dining room Accommodates a maximum of 24 people Total restaurant seating area: 350 Total restaurant area: 450 for a standing reception For inquiries, Please contact our reservations and events department for further information between 9 am and 6 pm - Mon-Saturday.
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, great service and fantastic cocktails. Only went for drinks and bar snacks but really liked the everything about it. We will definitely be returning soon for steak.

Mash L, Guest Relations Manager at Mash Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

What a wonderful review and from a senior Trip Advisor contributor too. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was shown around by the reservations manager, who is fantastic and will do everything to make you feel comfortable and welcome. We headed to the bar first for a cocktail, extensive menu of classics and some House favorites. The bar is art deco and very glamorous, the staff are very knowledgeable and will happily recommend you something based on your tastes, don't be afraid to ask, they know the answer to everything cocktail/bar-related! I had a Whiskey Sour, it was delicious.
We looked around the main dining room, taking in the ambiance. Booth seating on plush red leather, private feel to each booth as there is plenty of space between the tables. Glass cabinets showing the ageing steaks are very impressive, it gives you an insight to the quality and the process of the meat they use, always good to know where your food comes from!
We were then seated in the private dining room for our meal. The award-wining sommelier chose the wine for us, white with the starters and red with the mains (Can't remember the names of the wines but they were glorious!). We chose to order a selection of the starters and we mixed and matched as we were quite a large group. Fried Fois Gras, Charcuterie, Tuna Tartar with avocado and Serrano ham - all very good quality dishes and executed perfectly. We didn't want to spoil our appetite too much though as we had been advised the main dishes of steak and meat are very large!
For mains I ordered the Wagyu Beef (Australian so they can't call it Kobe which is Japanese, but it is treated the same!) We were all asked individually how we would like our meat cooked. I am new to ordering meat (used to be a vege) but our waiter took his time and advised us on every dish, where it was from, how it is best prepared etc. The staff really knew the menu inside out and we all took their advise and ordered accordingly!
My Wagyu beef was tender and melted in the mouth, I can honestly say this is the best beef I have ever had and nothing has come close since!
For our sides we had macaroni cheese (a favorite of mine and cooked to perfection), creamed spinach which i didn't think I would like but my friend gave me a taste and it was delicious. We also had chili fries and MASH potatoes with onion and bacon. Each main course has one side included.
Feeling very full of food and wine a few of us braved dessert. I shared the Pulp Fiction inspired 5 Dollar Shake which actually costs about ten pounds! Its a milkshake with Bourbon. Perfect evening!

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for finding the time to feedback so fully and for giving us top marks for ambiance, service, food and value. We all look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

it's a nice restaurant, with a nice bar. it's still a good place to go with a few friends for a drink and/or even a meal after. It's just that if you are serious about your steaks, Mash is not going to cut it for you. the Dry aged steak has less of the aging flavour than what you will get at Goodman or Hawksmoor, and the steaks (we have tried pretty much all type and cuts available there) are just less tasty or well grilled. I may still go again but it would be for the whole package not just the steaks. I think I'm sticking to the alternation of Goodman and Hawksmoor at the moment, until I can finally decide on which one I prefer, or someone manages to do steak better!

Thank you for finding the time to post your review. We do hope you come back to compare our steaks again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Dinner for 10 guests, and no problems the restaurant is exceptionally spacious, handles large groups with ease.
The quality of the food, exceptional wine list and service from well drilled staff, led to a very nice evening!
I enjoyed the restaurant from start to finish......well worth a visit if you are in that part of town, and stacks up very well against the steakhouse competition

Thank you for your review and for giving us such high marks.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

First of all, the atmosphere is stunning and extremely elegant. Make sure you arrive early so you can sit in the bar area and have one of the many signature cocktails. VERY impressive!

I'm an American, and have been living in the UK for about a year now. My standards are fairly high when it comes to steaks, and I've found it very difficult to find a steak that i can enjoy in the UK. Well, since visiting MASH I have not had such an amazing steak since i can remember! My husband and I both ordered the American rib eye, and we didn't want it to end. It melted in our mouths like butter. And, don't forget about the sides! We ordered the mac and cheese, creamy spinach (a MUST at a traditional American steakhouse), the bones marrow and mushrooms. Everything was perfect (Well, the mac and cheese could use a little improvement).

I highly recommend this restaurant, and can't wait to go back. Well worth the money.

Wow! What a great review. What an honour to have an American give our 'Modern American Steak House' such a brilliant review. We look forward to welcoming you back to MASH soon.