“Wonderful food and service in a unique art deco building”
Review of Mash Steak House

Mash Steak House
Ranked #442 of 23,228 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: WELCOME TO MASH LONDON MASH is located in the lower ground floors of the former Regent Palace Hotel which dates back to 1915, it was the largest hotel in Europe at that time.Upon arrival you will be greeted by a very MODERN AMERICAN STEAK HOUSE design of restaurant, bringing the venue into modern day times.Glide down the magnificent suspended staircase which is draped in luxurious red carpet, where our reception team will greet you and effortlessly guide you through the art deco venue. We welcome you to the MASH adventure. Our Private Dining Room Accommodates a maximum of 18 people , Our Semi Private Dining room Accommodates a maximum of 24 people Total restaurant seating area: 350 Total restaurant area: 450 for a standing reception For inquiries, Please contact our reservations and events department for further information between 9 am and 6 pm - Mon-Saturday.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate at Mash on Tuesday, 7th May and had such a lovely time. After being greeted by the smiley hostess we walked down the grand flight of stairs to a beautiful art deco room draped in red and marble. We started off with some drinks at the bar where Renaud, the bar manager prepared us some beautiful drinks based on our personal tastes! The group favourite was the Americfan Psycho for the axe brandishing martini glass that added some drama to our drinks!

As we were taken to our table, we notced how big the restaurant is, with specifict private dining areas and secluded tables that can be hired for large groups. We felt very comfotable in our booth and did not notice the patrons around us.

Our waiter Mas was super friendly and helpful, aiding us with all our questions about the different types of meat and sides. Maurice our sommelier was great as well as we finally chose an American wine (which was made especially for them)... Mash have an extensive American wine selection- the largest I have ever seen in London.

Our shared starters of lobster, sweatbread, MASH tartare, Foie Gras terrine and deep fried squid were excellent and I have to add that the cornbread was extraordinary and a lighter option to bread at the start of the meal.

We then moved on to our meats- which we shared as well- taking a selection of their famous Danish, American ribeye, Wagyu and Uruguanian meat- all were cooked perfectly at medium rare as requested.
Our variation of sides included chilli fries, triple fried chips, mac n cheese, creamed spinach and a green salad were the perfect addition to our meat and a little bit of each was great.

At this point we were really nearing our limit but had been previously recommended the profiteroles so we shared a plate of those alongside the creme brulee and apple pie- all of which were sweet enough for a lovely ending to a lovely meal.

I really recommend you go and try this new restaurant- it delivers everything with a smile and you should also ask for a tour of restaurant if you have time.

There are newer reviews for Mash Steak House

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife treated me to dinner at MASH for my birthday and from the moment we arrived for cocktails we had a great evening. Service was friendly and quick, the cocktails were delicious and the quality of the beef was exceptional. We have eaten steak in some of Scotland's best restaurants but my Danish steak was wonderful and my wife's fillet melted with both steaks benig cooked to perfection. Our waiter made helpful suggestions about the side dishes so we had enough of everything without ordering too much.
There was a great buzz around the room with everyone appearing to have a great time whether drinking or eating.
I hope to return to MASH on our next visit to London and would recommend to any steak lover.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went with a group of colleagues after work. We were so well looked after by everyone. Bar staff, sommelier and the waiters were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the food and drinks. Their recommendations were perfect. I really enjoyed MASH's own red wine too - excellent with the steak.
We ordered a selection so that we could try them all. So delicious! I preferred the Uruguay and the Wagyu, but the others were great too.
Something has to be said about the setting too - the 1930's look is really glamorous! Although it is quite dark and atmospheric, it doesn't feel claustrophobic as there is so much space.
Definitely worth a visit! I'm sure I'll be back again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Highly recommend MASH, the staff are so attentive, happy and understand everything about their produce and what they are serving.

The best way, if you are in a group of four or so is to share the starters. We chose the MASH Tartare, Crispy Squid, Fois Gras Terrine and the garlic snails, they really know what they are doing with these dishes. Full of flavour.

For mains, I would I was torn between the Wagyu and Uruguay Beef, both so juicy and tender. If you share two or more types of beef, the Waiters will come and chop it up in front of you which is a great additional service. Pair the meat with creamy spinach, ceasar salad, bearnaise sauce and regular fries to top it off. I was slightly jealous I didn't have the HUGE crispy onion rings which the next door table had, they looked amazing.

Trust the Sommelier, he knows which wines to have.

Loved MASH, see you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My first taste of Wagyu beef and it was meltingly good, by comparison the Danish steak was a bit chewy (though perhaps my palate was spoiled by the Wagyu). MASH also makes a great burger. Sides were tasty (opinion was split on the onion rings, hubby loved them - I prefer a thinner ring). The red leather and dark wood decor created a cozy but sophisticated atmosphere. Both our waiter and the sommelier were great. Super expensive, but we had such a good evening we felt it was worth it.