“New management! Great!!”

Villa Toscana Restaurant & Hotel
Ranked #14,264 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether it is a romantic dinner, or just an informal gathering of friends and family, allow our experienced team to welcome you to this wonderful Italian restaurant where you can enjoy freshly prepared produce, cooked to perfection to give you the exciting taste of Italy. We at Villa Toscana understand the complexities of the modern life and diet, and so offer an extensive range of Gluten free products to our customers. Available to hire for private functions and parties, we are able to cater to all your needs Also now available rooms to rent above our restaurant. Please call for further details
Chester, United Kingdom
“New management! Great!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Just popped in for a quiet Sunday meal, used our taste card, and had a fantastic time. Food was great, very reasonably priced, service was fantastic. They have just changed management and we are very impressed. Will definitely be back in a couple of weeks!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Really lovely place to go for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I live nearby and have been meaning to try this restaurant for ages. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you're in it's a lovely place. We went for Sunday lunch and it wasn't very busy, but has a really nice, classy decor (thick white table cloths, high backed leather chairs, exposed brick work) and great ambience.

We had great service and were even given a free tiramasu which was an unexpected surprise! The pizza I had was good, although could have had a bit more herbs and seasoning. Really reasonable prices, though- pizza and pasta were all around £10.

Bit confused by people who write exhaustive reviews about how dreadful their experience was (I bet they're fun to go to dinner with!). I think it's really important to support independent, local businesses and I find it hard to believe people had such hellish experiences at this restaurant!

To anyone considering it, I'd say ignore the negative reviews and give it a shot- especially if you're a local. Me and my other half will definitely be going back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ellie S
london
“best pizza ever”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Best pizza ever and special service as usual and defintly come back very soon and se you for cristhmas time

Ripley, United Kingdom
“Food OK. Service not so good”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having just moved into the area, we decided to see what the local restaurant scene was like. Opposite the huge Wetherspoon's pub, we spotted this place which advertises itself as a restaurant and hotel. It didn't have many customers, but it was a Monday evening so that didn't necessarily put us off.

We were served by what looked like the owner who took our three orders without writing them down, which always bothers me. We asked for chips instead of boiled potatoes with one of the dishes. After what seemed like a long wait, the food was delivered, with boiled potatoes where we had asked for chips. That dish was promptly taken away and then brought back again minus the boiled potatoes with a promise that 'the chips were on their way'. Two of us had the Milanese di Pollo. It was good. One was served with salad (as requested) and mine was served with the fried potatoes, as described on the menu. The three plates were freezing cold and had not been warmed at all. This wasn't too much of a problem for the chicken dishes but it made the fillet of sea bass rather cool a bit too quickly. The sea bass appeared to have been over cooked anyway as the bottom was charred. Just as the sea bass was being finished the missing chips arrived on a kidney shaped dish, which was actually rather hot. This had to be the smallest portion of restaurant chips I have ever seen. In all there were no more than about six or seven matchstick-like chips in total.

The plates were collected but no dessert menus were offered. The manager then came over to ask the next table if everything was alright and he then walked away. On his way back towards the kitchen he remembered us so he turned to ask if everything was alright (this was after we had finished and the plates were cleared away). Just as we were about to tell him that everything was not alright, he walked away without giving us a chance to speak.

After a lengthy wait, the waitress came over and asked if we wanted dessert. We said we would like to see the menus and these were brought and laid on the table without a single word from the waitress. We spent ages discussing amongst ourselves what we would have and then called the waitress over and told her. She promptly pointed out that they didn't actually have two of the three items we ordered. I told her we had spent ages choosing and it would have been helpful if we had known earlier that they hardly had anything in stock. "I told you what we did and didn't have when I gave you the menus", she said. I'm not sure what unknown method she used to convey that information as all three of us were 100% sure it was not her voice that she used to pass that information on. Perhaps it was a subtle wink or something but it had failed to register with any of us.

I asked for and paid the bill rather than begin choosing again from what few dessert items they had. As if recognising that they had not provided a good service, I noticed that the 12.5% service charge mentioned in the menu had not been added to the bill. That was good, because I wouldn't have paid it! Well, we've been and tried it, at least!

1 Thank kenc
london
“second time and one of best dinner”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

For the second time with my friends and I really recommend this restaurant to anyone for a special occasion or just informal dinner.