“Good day/night out! Lunch extended until 2am :)”
Review of Yager Bar - CLOSED

Yager Bar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: All the sports you could want! 12 Screen! One 12ft outdoor screen BBQ Various Spaces Available for private hire Guestlist and VIP area available
London, United Kingdom
“Good day/night out! Lunch extended until 2am :)”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had 2 friends from Berlin visiting me last week, we were sightseeing in the City on Friday and decided to have a late lunch at Yager Bar as we were just passing by. That was a brilliant decision! We had some finger food platters - tasty enough. Anyway, we did enjoy the fact that a restaurant wasn't too crowded and loud and we could easily chat, which was crucial as we haven't seen each other for ages. In fact we were having such a great time, sipping nice red wine after the meal, that we stayed for WAY much longer than we planned. It was a very nice day/night out, we enjoyed the atmosphere, music, wine and cocktails were just delicious, staff friendly and helpful. I will definitely come back at the nearest occasion!

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Didn't even make it inside and never going to try.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The bouncers were enough to put me off from ever stepping foot into this place. It was New Year's Eve and I know bouncers have it tough when it comes to doing their job but what I experienced was incredibly rude and racist.
There were around 4 or 5 bouncers at the barriers they had put up leading to the entrance, so I asked one of them if there was room for three more people, he said no. Fine. Then the bouncer next to him turns to me and says: "go back to where you came from". I have no idea what else this could have meant other than it being racist verbal abuse. Being of Chinese ethnicity, I am absolutely disgusted that people working in a prime Central London spot could ever have this sort of attitude, not to mention being rude.
I will never even give this place a second try or suggest it to friends. A place that could hire such narrow-minded staff is not worth any of my money or time.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hayley C
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid - be places to go out for drinks around St. Paul's”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This bar does not know how to organise events for companies. Missold and left very disappointed. Bar has refused to acknowledge all the major errors and unkept conditions that occured on the night. Considering the bar surroundings, they charge the same amount as Madison's at New Change which would be considered a far superior venue. The only positive is that the music, albeit a bit cheesy, does get everybody dancing.

“Disappointing!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We arranged a Christmas drink here last week and I really wish I had given it a miss, the area they allocated to us was too small for the size of the group, we didn't receive all the drinks we paid for and the whole vibe of the evening was a little grim. The quality of service did not help the situation in the slightest, very poorly run evening.

“Will not be returning!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We arranged our Christmas party here last week and it was one massive disappointment!

Firstly on arrival the area we had booked out for 80 people could barely accommodate 80 people let alone another three Christmas parties that also all arrived with the same look of disbelief as we had.

Secondly the champagne reception that we paid for 60 people never materialised, we were greeted with sparkling wine and only two bottles ??

Third only the first set of platter of food arrived on time the others mysteriously arrived according to our designated host but must have been eaten .. I think not!

And finally having a arranged a £250 bar tab to which we ordered £100 worth of beers to be told that we needed to pay another £29.50 …. What a joke!

Based on my experience I will not be returning EVER!

2 Thank winklejohn