“Wasn't impressed”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: All the sports you could want! 12 Screen! One 12ft outdoor screen BBQ Various Spaces Available for private hire Guestlist and VIP area available
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went here for a friend's birthday drinks for the first time and didn't think much of it. Within the beautiful surroundings of St Paul's shone a loud "yager" logo but I tried not to judge based on first impressions! I actually liked the interior/lighting of the bar, just didn't like it on the outside. The drinks were overpriced considering the cocktails consisted of more ice than drink and were VERY watered down - I decided to stick to Prosecco after two misses with their cocktails.
Don't know what's up with their security though... Once you go out, they won't let you go back in!
The DJ was amazing though!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Yager Bar is within 100 yards or 30 seconds from my office and that is the good news and bad news rolled into one; a very good reason to frequent Yager regularly!
We were there on 16 January to celebrate our daughter Neha's birthday.
As always, we had a great time - the place is buzzing, very lively on most evenings and much more so on Thursdays and Fridays.
Mark, the manager, and Eve, and other staff looked after us very well.
Pradeep Thatai

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Was hoping for an enjoyable evening with a City experience. Instead, we found the drinks over-priced and watered-down, the management completely lacking in management skills and the security on the point of breaking-free from their leashes and bolting out of their kennels at anyone who dares leave the venue, even for fresh-air, once you have entered. Excuse me, but I was lead to believe this was a club/bar/restaurant not a prison - don't go their, you will be treated like a criminal if you dare to even ask permission to leave the venue for a nano second! Don't waste your hard-earned cash and precious free-time in this waste of space that masquerades as an entertainment venue!

1  Thank chindi d
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went here with an incredibly good value Wowcher. It was not totally easy to find the place as it is tucked away behind a row of buildings, but the location is superb, right opposite St Paul’s. it was busy when we first got there but we were seated early at our reserved table which was in a slightly packed (you had to choose your route out very carefully as there was not much room between tables) raised area. The staff were very pleasant but there probably should have been more waiting staff as the 2 girls seemed to be overworked. The 2 courses we had were very pleasant, well cooked, well presented and very good size portions. When the bill came we were very pleased to see that the waitress had kindly charged all of our drinks at Happy Hour prices (it was Happy Hour for at least some of the time we were there but I had not been aware of this and she could easily have got away with not giving us those prices as it was certainly not Happy Hour by the time the bill was produced) so all in all it was a very good value meal at a pleasant bar/restaurant which I had not known existed previously. I will be back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Cold nachos.. Fish and chips that made me ill.. Really shocking service .. I do not advise anyone to eat here.. Although I heard its a good night out for drinks

yagerbar, Guest Relations Manager at Yager Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hello
We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience here at Yager Bar.
We do pride ourselves on excellent food and service with a smile but on this occassion it seems that this was not the case.

We would like the opportunity to restore your faith in our bar and hope that we can change your opinion and introduce you to the Yager Bar that we know and love!

Please do contact us to inform us if you do wish to return and we will ensure that the service and food you receive is perfect!

Kind Regards