“Nice atmosphere - undecided on the food”
Review of Manuka kitchen

Manuka kitchen
Ranked #1,850 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere - undecided on the food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After reading numerous positive reviews my expectations of this place were very high.

I opted for a flat white and poached eggs on hash browns with Harissa. The portions were adequate but as it was brunch I was hoping for something a bit more substantial. Presentation was lovely. I felt the hash browns were quite heavy and a dare I say it a bit dry and not crispy / moist enough for my liking.

The flat white was excellent, really good strong tasting coffee.

We were greeted by a blonde waitress who was quite abrupt and (I felt) a little rude - maybe it was an off day but its not a good start when you're greeted by that. However the other waitress and manager were very friendly.

Overall - baed on the initial service and food I'd give this an average rating. Having said that I will definitely return because I feel this was a one off, the rest of the food looks absolutely amazing, the atmosphere is lovely and the staff (with the exception of the first waitress) were incredibly friendly. Twenty pounds for brunch for two.

1 Thank A S

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Independent restaurant with fantastic food, service and wine”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've just returned from here on the back of a friend's recommendation and what a find!! The service was second to none, friendly but unobtrusive and although there was only room for about 8 tables, the atmosphere was just perfect. I chose the Picpoul de Pinet and it was delicious. You can tell each wine on the list has been expertly chosen. I had the duck which fell off the bone and we were given complimentary truffles at the end. An unexpected jewel in Fulham Broadway. Can't wait to go back. Make sure you book to avoid disappointment.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went here with my wife and baby in the weekend.. not expecting to get in as it was a rainy day and we had a pram.

Pulled up outside and peered in - very busy! Which is a good sign. Was about to keep walking when one of the staff came out and asked if we had wanted to come in. He said his attitude was to make everyone feel welcome and never to turn a customer away.

He led us to the cafe next door which takes his overflow and we were able to enjoy a coffee while we waited. When a table at the window came free he came and got us and made sure we were all comfortable - Wow! You don't get this type of service in many places.

We had the usual coffees and for Brunch I had the Hash browns with poached eggs and bacon. They're not huge portions, but they're big enough to leave you satisfied.. and it was delicious!!! My wife had the french toast which was actually quite large and also tasted divine..

So good was the food and service we're booking ourselves in for dinner during the week and will definitely be going back! Highly recommended!

1 Thank mister.hill
“Great Food / Common Sense?”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited on a Sunday afternoon after booking a day in advanced knowing it gets busy. Upon arrival we were informed that they were running behind and could please wait outside(luckily it had stopped raining) After we sat down and salivated over the menu we came to order and were told that the wagyu was unavailable. I believe you should be told when sat down about any changes to the menu.

From the booking at 1 to the food arriving at the table took 50 minutes. We had 2 mains and no starters. Personally I think a long time... Good job the food was great and very tasty. I live under 500meters from the restaurant and would love to go back but something is lingering in my kind after today. Shame

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a leisurely afternoon”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a lovely afternoon here. The owner was charming and helpful and didn't seem put out that we lingered for most of a rainy afternoon, even though we were the only people there after 3pm. The food was good, with an interesting menu, and it was great value.

We had avocado, feta and mint brochetas which were delicious, squid with a black lime sauce which was also very fresh and lovely. The mussels with sweet potato were good, but I am not sure that combination works especially well. We had also a couple of glasses of good wine, brie with apricots (delicious) and cheddar with onion chutney (also great) and a very rich chocolate, pecan and peanut butter flan. Followed by coffee we were absolutely stuffed at the end. And we were pleasantly surprised by the bill which came to around £40.

I just might have to go back tomorrow with my husband.. so, very happy to recommend.