“Excellent Food”

Al Santo Restaurant
Ranked #2,303 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Al Santo is a quirky and small restaurant offering great quality, home-made Italian and Greek fares to local customers. From a freshly prepared take-away panini or Spanakopita (Greek spinach and feta tart); a proper plate of home-made pasta (Spaghetti Carbonara anyone?) to more complex dishes more suited for a refined dinner: we are looking forward to welcoming you at Al Santo!
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to have lunch around Fulham Island I spotted Al Santo it reminded me of an Italian Trattoria in Rome so decided to enter and wasn’t disappointed. The restaurant had a good vibe very family orientated the menu was a nice touch, Old LP covers. They had an excellent menu and the food didn’t disappoint everything cooked to perfection. Will certainly be having more “business meetings in here”

1  Thank gdl999
Al_Santo_Fulham, Owner at Al Santo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear gdl999,
I'm so happy you had a good time at Al Santo: I'm looking forward to see you at your next 'business meeting'!

Roberto Campagnolo

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed a family dinner in Al Santo. The restaurant was very busy and the staff worked hard to keep up. The menu is an unusual combination of Greek/ Italian food and everything we tried was attractively presented and tasted delicious. Don't miss the Tiramisu!

Al_Santo_Fulham, Owner at Al Santo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Caroline,
I'm so happy you enjoyed your evening at Al Santo: I'm looking forward to see you again soon!

Roberto Campagnolo

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Popped in here for a bite to eat on a Saturday evening. We had no reservations and there were two adults and a child in our party but the staff found a table for us straight away. The decor is very warm and inviting and we had a lovely table by the window. Service was fast and efficient but not necessarily friendly. The kids meal was bangers and mash with no complaints from the youngster. Us adults both had sea bass with roast vegetables. We were both a little disappointed as it was little more than trout with ratatouille poured over it. We shared a carafe of house white. The bill was £75 which we thought was a bit steep for some pretty average food. Would recommend for a romantic dinner as the ambiance is lovely but maybe choose wisely from the menu.

1  Thank 401MichaelF
Al_Santo_Fulham, Owner at Al Santo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Alice,
thanks for your feedback: it's extremely important for us and very appreciated.
I must say I'm a bit puzzled by the 'bangers and mash" as it's not on our menu...unless the chef decided to improvise for your kid!

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to welcome you soon at Al Santo.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Despite being a fairly regular visitor over the last 3 years, my family and I went to dine on Saturday evening. The following is the very odd exchange. I'm sorry we're closed, but we always come at this time (6pm) and I see you're bringing out meals to those other tables, yes, but we like to close for an hour! We spoke to a second staff member who reiterated that they are closed for an hour.

We enjoyed a lovely meal at Made in Italy instead and won't be rushing back to Al Santo.

1  Thank Grunta22

Dear Grunta22,
thanks for your feedback: it's extremely important for us and very appreciated.
I managed to track the exact day of your disappointing evening and I would like to apologize for the incorrect information provided.
That evening the chef had called in sick at the last minute and, as a result of a busy lunch, the kitchen was basically empty: no fresh pasta whatsoever and very little of anything else.
We were indeed serving a few customers some platters of charcuterie but we decided to close the kitchen in order to allow the remaining kitchen staff to catch up with the preparation.

I'm truly sorry we disappointed you and your family in this occasion - we definitely should have explained the situation better!
I sincerely hope you'll give us another chance to serve you and your family in the near future.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to welcome you soon at Al Santo.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Why is this place getting 5 star reviews?

It pains me to write a poor review for a small family business, but... we visited this weekend to find a full and lively restaurant... a good start.

However the menu is something I last saw in Central London before the turn of the century. Who puts a slab of moussaka on a plate? Why am I being served hummus and pitta bread with a side of olives?

I had some sort of cheese and spinach tray bake, followed by the aforementioned moussaka. Very ordinary. We washed it down with a carafe of slightly off wine. Anyone can easily make this at home.

All this I can deal with for a casual evening meal, but the bill was north of £125... for that there are many many better places to eat in the area.

1  Thank DrakeLondon

Dear Drake,
thanks for your feedback: it's extremely important for us and very appreciated even when it's not positive.
I would like to answer your questions:

"Why is this place getting 5 star reviews?" Probably because we deserve it, even though it's clear you don't agree with the score

"Who puts a slab of moussaka on a plate?" We do, and our customers love it

"Why am I being served hummus and pitta bread with a side of olives?" Probably because you ordered it?!? The menu is written in plain English so what you receive shouldn't be much of a surprise...

And I also challenge you to make a spanakopita (your "cheese and spinach tray bake") at your home anywhere near as good as ours...not very likely!!!
Also, I'm not sure what the restaurants in London were serving at the turn of the century as I'm only 50, but thanks for sharing the info: it must have been a lovely trip down memory lane for you...

I'm truly sorry we disappointed you, but then again I know we can't please everyone...unless you're called 'McDonalds' (one of those "better places to eat in the area" perhaps?)

Thanks again and all the best,