“I can't help going back...”

Al Santo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Santo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,700 of 23,030 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Al Santo is a quirky and small restaurant offering great quality, home-made Italian and Greek fares to local customers. From a freshly prepared take-away panini or Spanakopita (Greek spinach and feta tart); a proper plate of home-made pasta (Spaghetti Carbonara anyone?) to more complex dishes more suited for a refined dinner: we are looking forward to welcoming you at Al Santo!
Southampton, England
“I can't help going back...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend and our recent visit was our 3rd.

Suffice to say we have never been disappointed. The food is, simply, beautifully presented and of the best quality. The strip steak I had on a previous visit (so not sure it is still on the menu!) was probably the best I have ever eaten.

Service is attentive, but not obtrusive, and the prices - taking into account the quality & portion size - are excellent value for money. A previous review saying Al Santo is pricey baffles me - clearly has no experience of London restaurants at all!

I'll certainly be back.

• Greek first
“Fantastio”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in london. Food is wonderful and a great place the chef is a real italian from scicly !!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“My go to restaurant”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am lucky enough to live less than 5 min walk of this place and despite knowing that I should try new restaurants I just keep going back.

I have been with my boyfriend, a girlfriend and with a group and every time I have had a wonderful evening. (Note I have only been for dinner - not brunch or lunch). The price is reasonable, the service is excellent (the waiter even lent my friend his phone charger once - it's those little friendly helpful gestures that make all the difference) and I love the atmosphere. Candles make it cosy and romantic of an evening or if the weather is nice it is lovely to sit outside in a nice corner of Fulham.

A bitter sweet thing is that the menu changes every time I go - good because it is based on what fresh seasonal ingredients they can source but bad because if you have a dish you absolutely love (the squid ink risotto or me) you can rarely order it again the next time you go. That said I have really enjoyed every meal I have had there.

Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a local I pass this place frquently and on many a sunny afternoon or evening have found it irresistable. Tables outside and inside are equally nice and you get servd well either way. The food has always been surprisingly good (both the greek and the italian cuisine). It works well for both my vegan partner and my meat eating self.
Definitely a fan

• Visited April 2013
London
“Very good Italian restaurant with superb atmosphere”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very good food with a friendly and quick service. Quite pricey but worth the treat for special occasions ! The homemade raviolis with spinach, gorgonzola sauce and walnut are superb and tasty. Mozzarella di buffela with parma ham and bruschettas on the side are a great starter to share.

Definitely one of the best Italian I have been to in London (and I tried a few) but above the food itself, the atmosphere and the decoration are a guaranteed change of scenery. Service is high quality (but not included in the quite expensive note). We went on a sunny evening and enjoy the last rays on the terrace: we felt like we were in Tuscany !

Most recommended, we will go back !