“My go to restaurant”

Al Santo Restaurant
Ranked #2,303 of 25,042 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Al Santo is a quirky and small restaurant offering great quality, home-made Italian and Greek fares to local customers. From a freshly prepared take-away panini or Spanakopita (Greek spinach and feta tart); a proper plate of home-made pasta (Spaghetti Carbonara anyone?) to more complex dishes more suited for a refined dinner: we are looking forward to welcoming you at Al Santo!
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am lucky enough to live less than 5 min walk of this place and despite knowing that I should try new restaurants I just keep going back.

I have been with my boyfriend, a girlfriend and with a group and every time I have had a wonderful evening. (Note I have only been for dinner - not brunch or lunch). The price is reasonable, the service is excellent (the waiter even lent my friend his phone charger once - it's those little friendly helpful gestures that make all the difference) and I love the atmosphere. Candles make it cosy and romantic of an evening or if the weather is nice it is lovely to sit outside in a nice corner of Fulham.

A bitter sweet thing is that the menu changes every time I go - good because it is based on what fresh seasonal ingredients they can source but bad because if you have a dish you absolutely love (the squid ink risotto or me) you can rarely order it again the next time you go. That said I have really enjoyed every meal I have had there.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a local I pass this place frquently and on many a sunny afternoon or evening have found it irresistable. Tables outside and inside are equally nice and you get servd well either way. The food has always been surprisingly good (both the greek and the italian cuisine). It works well for both my vegan partner and my meat eating self.
Definitely a fan

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very good food with a friendly and quick service. Quite pricey but worth the treat for special occasions ! The homemade raviolis with spinach, gorgonzola sauce and walnut are superb and tasty. Mozzarella di buffela with parma ham and bruschettas on the side are a great starter to share.

Definitely one of the best Italian I have been to in London (and I tried a few) but above the food itself, the atmosphere and the decoration are a guaranteed change of scenery. Service is high quality (but not included in the quite expensive note). We went on a sunny evening and enjoy the last rays on the terrace: we felt like we were in Tuscany !

Most recommended, we will go back !

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to Al Santo with my family on a stunning summer evening. The position is great and sitting oustide feels a little like being on an itlian piazza. Overall the food is really good and the service is very friendly, if a little slow.

We had a shared starter of mixed dips with pita (very good) and artichokes (phenomenal).

All the mains were good, but I feel a little on the pricey side. I had a delcious pomodoro pasta (perfectly al dennte), my brother had beautiful fresh-made ravioli, my dad the mousaka and my mom the chicken salad. I tasted the chicken and it was delicious - just salt and pepper and pan fried.

My criticisms would be that th service is a little slow, with quite long periods of not seeing a waiter (although whne they were around they were charming). My dad had a smoothie that ws pretty small for the price, and my bro's review of the sicilian lemonade was that it's "ok". Also it seemed they served complimentary bread to everyone but us, and it would have been nie to have with the dips.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had two very pleasant evening meals in this little deli-restaurant. My wife raved about the asparagus risotto, having it both times. I had a simple but delicious tomato and basil pasta, then next day moussaka, good but not so special. The layout and service were informal, but characterful, e.g. a bicycle is suspended above the window tables. All tables filled up both (week)nights, with couples, families etc. There are a couple of outside tables, viable because Al Santo is on a street with vehicle barriers, and opposite a churchyard, with trees aplenty. Prices for main dishes varied widely. We felt our choices were good value, as was the espresso, though the wine seemed rather expensive (normal for London).