“Worth the trek!”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 24,124 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at this pub following a day out in London. It is definitely off the beaten track and we only discovered it on the basis of TA reviews, but we were delighted with the meal and the friendly service we received. The scallops were lovely. We both had a Sunday roast and I had the shoulder of lamb. It is possibly one of the biggest meals I have ever eaten (which is a good thing in my book) and the lamb was cooked to perfection, falling off the bone. At £17 it was good value considering the amount you would normally pay for a meal in London.

We finished by sharing a chocolate brownie. I didn't think I could possibly fit any more food in following the main course but the dessert was so yummy I just couldn't resist!

3  Thank Abi C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I made a reservation by email with Vicki, however, upon arrival my booking was not on the list, although no problem as luckily me and my Mom still got a table. This place was amazing, very friendly service and with not being from London I called up for directions and they even helped by providing the tube lines and routes I would need to take. The food was just delightful, and extremely filling !! Great place to go if you’re on a budget as the menu is so reasonably priced for such incredible food !! This is what British pubs should all be about ! Lovely friendly atmosphere, amazing service, and good British meals !! I have eaten in all kinds of restaurants, and paid top prices for some high end dining experiences, and this food was at the top with all the big names restaurants ! I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better night. I would definitely be returning here on my next trip to London.

1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We made a reservation with a mail. Got fast answer but at arrival we weren't on the list...no problem, we got a table from the friendly waitress. In total there were 3 waitresses, each as friendly as the other ones. They make you feel welcome, their kindness almost makes 70% of your evening...the food we ordered made it completely! We had the steak with peppersauce and chips and the Andover arms cheese & bacon burger. Steak was super tender and the burger was excellent too. As dessert we took the warm brownie with ice: way too yummie and way too much after the main course. One of the waitresses proposed us to put the rest in a box and gave us a paper bag to transport it....customer friendly all over the line! We'll be back when we come back to London. Thanks again for the great night guys (read girls...lol)

2  Thank Christophe A
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The charm and the appeal of this pub is in it's location, food and impeccable service. Located far away from the busy main streets, in a quiet residential spot, Andover Arms offers great tasting food, on par with some of the best restaurants in London. The staff and the service office is fantastic, something that you only get paying double/triple more in the top Michelin venues. All waiters are friendly, welcoming and helpful, which, when combined with the food creates for a perfect getaway quiet spot to enjoy a summer evening in a good company of friends or family.

1  Thank Naximov
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Picked this little pub based on previous reviews. Was very impressed with the food and service. Highly recommended

1  Thank mwick5