“Good, Honest Pub Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Ranked #79 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Herstmonceux, United Kingdom
“Good, Honest Pub Food”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A great experience. Good, honest pub food at fair prices. A wonderful atmosphere with attentive staff. Menu not too big, but something for everyone. I had spicy crab cakes followed by roast beef, tasty!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Neil H
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Neil,

Thank you very much for your review.... I think that you hit the nail on the head and are on our wave length. Everything in the kitchen is cooked from scratch with fresh seasonal produce and our menu is changed daily (sometimes twice) meaning that we are able to keep it on the more contained side while still having something for everyone.

Our Sunday roasts are very popular, we have beef (cooked as you would like it), half a roast chicken, half a lamb shoulder and belly of pork all served with all the trimmings and extra gravy (if you are like me !) It is always a tough decision for me each Sunday to decide which one to have ... Pork won yesterday.

I hope that we shall see you again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Hidden in Hammersmith”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A great pub that's tucked a away, but well worth going to find! Lovely food, pleasant atmosphere and yummy food. Go have a look - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank TangoDreaming
Dear TangoDreaming,

Thank you very much for your review.... (in my slightly biased opinion) you have summed us up perfectly... We are a little tucked away however we would not be London's Hidden Gem if you didn't get lost finding us.

Hoping that we will see you again in the very near future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Exquisite food (impossible pub quiz!)”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This pub has the most incredible atmosphere, especially in the winter when you can nestle by the fire at the back! When I was living alone at my auntie's house around the corner I found this place such a sanctuary, sipping on a glass of white and reading the newspaper with the most outstanding soup and bread - absolute heaven. When I was feeling like less of a loner this place also does the most exceptional roasts and naughty manchego cheese salads!

7 Thank Isabel L
Dear Isabel,

Thank you very much for your review... we certainly are slightly more suited to the winter season with the blazing open fire, flickering candles and soft Jazz music playing in the back ground but, that is not to say that sipping a Pimms on the pavement before having a huge duck breast, watermelon and feta salad doesn't suit us also.

I hope that we do not need to wait till the nights get shorter and the weather gets colder to see you again.

“Totally outstanding ”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Food is amazing and so reasonably priced, portions are huge too (enough for two people but I'm not complaining). I had the lamb shoulder and it may as well have been an entire lamb, the steak was great too, cooked perfectly with lovely fresh chips. Service was excellent, went away for a minute and the manager was chatting to my girlfriend as she'd seen her waiting, just a really nice touch. Paid our bill after a last drink at the bar, ordered another while my girlfriend was finishing hers and the barman Jon gave me my last drink on the house, just can't fault it. Would recommend over and over.

8 Thank Sam P
Dear Cichlids,

It was wonderful to have met you the other night.... and you certainly made a very valiant attempt of the Half Lamb Shoulder.... You also mentioned the chips ... I have to admit that there are some busy nights that we have a communal staff bowl of chips going in the back just to keep the energy levels up.... they are very more'ish and amazing with Mayo....

it was our pleasure for your last drink but we couldn't possibly make you pay for the last bit of the bottle that didn't make a shot ...

You live so far away... when are we going to see you both again ?

Looking forward to your next visit,

Basiglio, Italy
“Delicious and lovely restaurant in london!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the evening in this restaurant!! :
Every course was amazing and very very delicious!!! I went there with my sister and we absolutely recommend the chocolate brownie...it was really lovely and also very big!!
We can also say that the quality/price ratio was good.

6 Thank Federica P
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Federica,

Thank you very much for your review, I am so happy that you and your sister enjoyed your experience. I am glad that you have mentioned my favourite dish on the menu....I have done A LOT of quality control on that particular dish (that is why I am on a diet now....)

There is a very fine line between not enough food and too much food and I am afraid to say that on the whole we edge on the side of too much... I feel there is nothing worse than not getting quite enough and leaving hungry so instead we endeavor to make you open your top button.

I hope that if you are ever in our neighbourhood again that you will come and visit us again.