“Really good in every way”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

5 minute walk from Ravenscourt Park tube station. I went there for a nice New Year's Eve meal with my girlfriend. The décor is that of a traditional British pub; plenty of wood but quite tasteful. We had a reservation and our table was waiting for us. The service was very quick but the quality and value of the food was is the most amazing thing about the visit. The presentation and flavours were to such a high quality. It was the best green thai curry I've ever had. The menu isn't massively big but I got the impression that every dish had been perfected.
And to top off a perfect visit, at the end when we were brought the bill I noticed that they had forgotten to include the cost the drinks which I pointed out as the whole experience had been so good, but they let us have them on the house anyway. We left them an extra large tip of course! It was well worth 10 stops on the district line from central London.

2  Thank Spinky245
Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We came in this nice place, during our Christmas Holiday back in our second Home Country. We missed some classic traditional British food in Asia. Our expectation were met, as usual. It was one of our favorite before we left London and still our favorite when we are going back. We went with a party of 6 friends and we all ordered different food. I was worried we would wait a bit but the food was served very fast. It can be a bit noisy, but is a liveable place. I hope to visit again before we leave.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Came on a Monday evening around 5pm for dinner; the kitchen didn't open till 6pm but we got a couple beers and the time passed quickly. Had a burger and a fish - both were good. Something like £10-15 a dish.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I walked into the Andover Arms for the first time this New Year's Eve. We were early, part of a large group with kids, meeting at 5:30, so we were the first. And it was absolutely magic: candles lighting the dark cosy rooms, the staff as warm as the room.. on a dark cold wet wintry night, it felt like sinking into a warm bath.

This all came together with a lot of serendipity: close friends visiting London, where they used to live, with their kids, staying at other friends.. the Andover Arms couldn't have been more welcoming to our group. They set us up in a private room, one long table for the adults, one for the kids - then we shook it up, moved seats, really felt like it was a private party.

The food was perfect. Even reading the menu, it was hard to decide, and while many of us were meeting for the first time, within minutes we were doing deals on 'if you get this, you can taste that'. I had wild sea bass - crispy yet moist - on a bed of soft red pepper, with two plump mussles in a saffron sauce that I'm still thinking about, with hits of mustard oil. But my friend's thai green curry fish dish tasted great too, and my husband loved his pork belly. Each plate was a stunning presentation.

We also shared a starter of scallops and crispy squid (difficult to pull off with a busy restaurant, this was so soft I didn't recognise it at first as squid, which is often rubbery) in a creamy light sauce, this time with a hit of chili oil.

By dessert, we were like old friends, reading out the kids' new year's resolutions, guessing who wrote what. We shared the desserts, maple syrup cake with ice cream, and created what I hope is the first of a New Year's tradition: the passing of the chocolate mousse cup, each of us taking a sublime taste with a big spoon as it made the way round the table. It felt like we were in Tudor times, everyone a king, queen, prince or princess.

This is a perfect place for couples, family, friends, business, OR solo. We can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Jill23_13
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A great hidden gem in hammersmith giving incredible food for an extremely reasonable price. Always a good atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff. The pork belly roast is incredible!