“What an English Pub Should Be”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Ranked #80 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Orange County California
“What an English Pub Should Be”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in a private home literally 5 houses away (around the corner) and enjoyed everything about this place. The food was exceptional, by that I mean, not just your normal pub food. It had a twist, and the beer selection was mind boggling. Too many beers, not enough time. The decor was classic and my only regret was that we didn't find it sooner during our stay. We would have been there every night! Not just fish and chips folks. I read some other views about the food not being up to snuff, but we didn't experience that at all. Well done Andover Arms. I wish we had one in Southern California!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JHuante

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
“Lovely for drinking, food needs work”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very cosy pub with an open fire and shows major sports events in TV. Very well kept real ale (Fullers pub) and reasonably priced, good wine list. The food is hit and miss. The burger was good with a lovely seeded roll, the half chicken had been pre-cooked and was then reheated so it was dry and tough. Gravy was probably from a packet or Bisto (make it fresh with good stock and a deglazed plan!). Venison rump was average and served with hardly any kale but looked pretty. Overall a lovely pub. Cooking everything fresh with good quality ingredients would make this place excellent.

Tom G, Owner at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi. Many thanks for your open and honest review/comments with regards to your recent visit to The Andover Arms. I take fully on board your points. We pride ourselves on Fresh and Simple food here and can only appologise for the slip. I make no excuses. I have addressed this issue with the Kitchen team to ensure this is not repeated. As a gesture of good will I invite you back for a meal (on me) and guarentee you next review will be shinning. Many many thanks and kind regards Tom Gavaghan. Pls call to make a booking and ask for me....
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best burgers locally!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Living locally I do come there quite a bit. The food is usually very good and they are very adaptable for kids food.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank novotelpaddington
warwickshire
“My favourite local”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I am so glad we have moved in just round the corner. We had a lovely meal here infront of the fire. Great food

2 Thank slaird_215
London, United Kingdom
“What a little gem, great atmosphere, fair pricing, excellent service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Lovely place, really good food (quality pub grub more than Gastro-pub)
Very friendly and low key service. The only tiny fault was that kids were running around and bumping my chair every 5 minutes, though to be fair it was Halloween and the kids were having a ball.

Don't delay book today lol

• Visited October 2012