“So THIS is where the Beef is!”

Hawksmoor Air Street
Ranked #268 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: 'If a city gets the restaurants is deserves then London has clearly been a very good girl of late. [Hawksmoor Air Street] is everything you woud want it to be and quite a bit more.' Jay Rayner, Observer Located in an Art Deco room overlooking Regent Street, the menu at Hawksmoor Air Street is equally-weighted between steak and seafood. We've teamed up with Mitch Tonks, the chef/owner of one of the best seafood restaurants in the country, to mastermind the fish side of things, not least by ensuring that we receive the freshest produce possible straight from Brixham market in Devon. Like our steaks, most of the seafood is simply cooked over real charcoal. A steakhouse serving the best fish in London? That's our aim. Close to the theatres of the West-End, we have an Express Menu that's perfect for lunch, pre-theatre and post-theatre dinners. The entrance to the restaurant is on the short stretch of Air Street between Piccadilly and Regent Street. Air Street is the perfect space for a wide range of events including award ceremonies, film premiere parties and cocktail receptions. It can accommodate up to 235 people in the restaurant and 70 in the bar. For more information on private hire and events, please contact our events team.
London, United Kingdom
“So THIS is where the Beef is!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

A very enjoyable dining experience after catching a show.

Visited with a friend as a treat for ourselves. We had been looking forward to it for quite a while.

The location and decor are impressive. The cocktail list is dangerous. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Waiting staff are knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.

The menu of what is available is comprehensive but the temptation is to push the boat out and have even more food than planned. I gather that this Hawksmoor aims to be good for Steak and seafood. My friend and I really were focused only upon the steak!

I settled upon a 400g Ribeye, medium rare - triple cooked chips and roasted field mushrooms. My friend went for a larger Porterhouse, medium - triple cooked chips, roasted field musrooms and spinach.

We each had a drink waiting for the main to arrive. As it was a hot summer day - I tried the cider that was on offer. I believe it was "sideburn" brand and was just what was needed to cool down. After reading the cocktail list it was to be an "Old Fashioned" for my friend.

Both mains arrived together, they were done to stated preference and the sides were a treat too.

Throughout the meal we consumed delicious cocktails.
Puddings were a pair of white chocolate cheesecakes.

The bill was substantial but not unexpected. I will definitely go back and try one of the more substantial steaks!

• Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great steaks, great service - but expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This place, like the whole forge chain, serves up fantastic steaks and meaty dishes (their steak tartare is excellent) in won-panelled surroundings with lots of leather - very old school. However service is good and the food is high quality - but you pay for it. Recommended for a treat or special occasion (or for those with an expenses budget - when I visited almost the entire place was full of businessmen).

• Visited August 2014
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, on the pricey side.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited Hawksmoor Air St with a friend last week. The staff are excellent and I can highly recommend a pre dinner cocktail in the bar. It has a great ambience and friendly surroundings. The meal itself was very good but quite pricey even by London standards.

The steak was great but with the final bill coming in just shy of £400 for two person I can't really justify giving a "5" when so many good restaurants are available in London.

• Visited July 2014
Essex, United Kingdom
“Great food - defiantly worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Came here with my boyfriend back in March and the food was really lovely. We had a table near the back and it was very busy so quite loud, but this didn't bother us.

Waiter/waitress was attentive enough and food/drink came out in good timing. I had white wine, my boyfriend had red and both were very nice. For starters I had scallops and they were some of the best I have had, they arrived piping hot and well cooked, while my boyfriend had pork belly which was equally as good.

The steaks were soft and cooked as we had asked, I went for fillet and he went for sirloin and shared a few sides that I think were chips and creamed spinach? We also had desserts however I cannot remember what we had, just that they were tasty but filling - should have shared!

After we settled the bill (around £150 I think) we then went to the bar area and had a cocktail each before leaving which was a nice end to the evening.

Lovely place to eat and reasonably priced, obviously if you didn't have starters/desserts then it wouldn't be too expensive but still worth it for a good steak! (:

• Visited March 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great restaurant and ambience with fantastic food, helpful and friendly staff in the heart of London. Thoroughly recommend.

Visited July 2014