“Good value for money”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: 'If a city gets the restaurants is deserves then London has clearly been a very good girl of late. [Hawksmoor Air Street] is everything you woud want it to be and quite a bit more.' Jay Rayner, Observer Located in an Art Deco room overlooking Regent Street, the menu at Hawksmoor Air Street is equally-weighted between steak and seafood. We've teamed up with Mitch Tonks, the chef/owner of one of the best seafood restaurants in the country, to mastermind the fish side of things, not least by ensuring that we receive the freshest produce possible straight from Brixham market in Devon. Close to the theatres of the West-End, we have an Express Menu that's perfect for lunch, pre-theatre and post-theatre dinners. The entrance to the restaurant is on the short stretch of Air Street between Piccadilly and Regent Street. Air Street is the perfect space for a wide range of events including award ceremonies, film premiere parties and cocktail receptions. It can accommodate up to 235 people in the restaurant and 70 in the bar. For more information on private hire and events, please contact our events team.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Visited this restaurant on several occasions for the Sunday lunch. The Yorkshire puddings are huge and the roast beef is of good quality. We then had the sticky toffee pudding which was very good too. Followed by dandy champagne cocktails. They are so good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,479)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As someone who regularly orders steak and is always after the next big steak restaurant, I was slightly disappointed after reading all the hype. I visited the place when it was Cocoon years ago, so was excited to see what they had done with the place. The bar area was really relaxing, with table service and somewhere I would come back to, even if wasn't dining at the restaurant. The restaurant was really big and really loud; not somewhere to go for a relaxing/romantic dinner (the tables were a little too close together). There were a couple of side dishes missing from the menu which I was disappointed about and also when ordering the steak, we were charged additionally for the sauce (bearnaise/peppercorn) which I've never had at any other steak restaurant?! Unfortunately my steak was slightly over cooked so I can't say it was my favourite steak I've ever had. I wouldn't be opposed to going back as I'm hoping it has improved but if my second visit was the same as the first, I think I'd be giving it a miss in future as I can think of a lot of other places where I'd rather spend that much money.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Good starters, great steaks and nice wine list but service a bit too laid back.
Will try one of their other restaurants to compare.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I ate here with a large group of friends, something I would recommend only because with a large group, you can try more food. We had drinks at the bar before being seated at our table, and the craft cocktails are made with care and precision, with interesting flavors. We tried a Manhattan that the bar pre-bottles and serves to you so that you can add all your fixings (orange, cherry, etc.) to your liking, and it was excellent.

The starters are not the greatest here as the focus is on the steak, but they are tasty enough to share. We particularly enjoyed the mussels and the side of beef tallow fries. The steak is cooked to perfection in big, brick-like hunks and I would also recommend the marrow side -- large bones filled with deliciously velvety marrow to accompany your meat.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate here for my birthday. First time i have ever been after being reccomended by friends. The food was superb... steak was juicy, tender and extremely good quality beef. Had the fried queenies to start with a proper homemade tartare sauce which was utterly divine. Desserts were also exceptional. This is an expensive restaurant but the quality of the food and good portion sizes means that you are certainly getting value for money. Even more impressive was the waiter overhearing a friend of mine say he ordered his steak cooked blue was slightly over...... he took it off the bill without us even making a complaint and gave us a round of port on the house. Hugely impressed with the whole Hawksmoor setup and i shall certainly be back.

1  Thank Mike L