“Fantastic!”

Banbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We needed somewhere to eat to fill some time whilst waiting for our daughter - what a find! A friendly waiter very patiently explained the menu as we were unsure what to chose. All came beautifully presented and tasty - all cooked in the open kitchen. Everything immaculate. A lovely lovely meal - and we will go back. Be prepared you get lots on your plate!

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
London
“Solid Turkish Food at a Decent Price”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Where did the TA profile picture come from?! The restaurant looks nothing like that!

Dinner with a friend at Ottoman on a week night. It was busy and the tables are a little cramped but the overall experience was very good. Food is freshly cooked and plenty of Turkish flavours to enjoy. Relatively close to what you eat at some places in Istanbul. Service was efficient, although out waiter did like to keep us telling us how authentic they were...I was thinking stop selling me the restaurant, I'm already here and I'll decide if I like it! Anyhow, for a quick meal with decent food, not too expensive and a reasonable bottle of plonk this place hits the mark on most levels.

Visited May 2013
Waikato Region, New Zealand
“Best in Town”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amazing food at this place no matter if you are eating in or taking away. Fresh produce and cooked right in front of you on the charcoal. It is no wonder that this place is always busy as it is an amazing meal and not too hefty on the wallet.

• Visited April 2013
UK
“Great little find!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After being recommended to visit this restaurant by my sister, my father and I decided to give it a try. Being fans of Lebanese and Greek restaurants, we had comparisons in mind!
We were greeted very warmly and the waiter was superb throughout our meal. Very attentive, helpful and regularly refilled our bread basket!
We ordered 3 starters to share; humus, cheese filled pastries and falafel- all really nice. The cheese filled pastys were definitely a favourite-hot, freshly cooked, and very flavoursome! Then for mains we ordered spicey minced lamb kababs which came with a lovely, big mixed salad and rice and also a lamb kleftiko. Both were again very enjoyable, the lamb in the kleftiko was perfectly cooked- fell off the bone- really tasty!
Overall our experience was really good, Great food, great service and very good value for money.

It isnt exactly the most glamorous of restaurants; seating is fairly tightly packed and the outside does put you off a little (from the outside it just looks like a takeaway). However, the food really was tasty and the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend for a good Turkish meal if in the area!

And just a quick note... it looks nothing like the profile picture on here!!! Much smaller and a bit less grand!

• Visited April 2013
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Must have eaten here over 20 times...and I love it!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was the Turkish restaurant at the end of my road when I lived in Hammersmith.

I have frequented this restaurant at the slightest feeling of being peckish.

It is a wonderful place, with the front being take away and the back being the restaurant.

The food is cooked fresh in front of you (kebabs), over the charcoal grill. They are some of the best kebabs I've ever tasted! I love them!
And if you want something more refined, then just go into the restaurant, which is very class, and very nice.

Staff are also incredibly friendly- so much so that they remember faces and names, and will always converse, even when they are very busy!

Prices are excellent- at £7 with rice or £5/£6 normally- I'm more than happy to pay that for the well cooked and tasty meals I'm having!

• Visited March 2012