“Nice venue and art on show”

Menier Chocolate Factory
Ranked #323 of 1,676 things to do in London
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Located very near to London Bridge and the historic Borough Market, this building is a gem. I have visited the art gallery and impressed by the variety of work and artists on display. Recommend checking it out if there is art on show - a different take on the usual galery - no spartan walls here but a warm feel from the exposed brick and sdistinct warehouse feel.

There are newer reviews for Menier Chocolate Factory

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this theatre for the first time to see "Travels with my Aunt". We had a meal first in the restaurant and the whole experience was excellent. What is more it is very reasonable. We had a first class meal and saw the play for less than it would cost for two average tickets to a show in the West End. The staff in the restaurant are exceptionally friendly and efficient and the food is delicious. As for the play, it was professional theatre at its best, but more intimate. I would recommend you all to go, but do book the restaurant when you book your theatre tickets as it is very popular.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been twice now to this theatre, which most people I speak to do not seem to have heard about. I've seen two plays there with my husband. First Ruby Wax's show on depression and more recently the Pullitzer Prize-winning play, 'Proof'. Both of which were fantastic.

It's a great theatre, which I believe houses 180 seats. Therefore, you never feel you are far from the front. The fact there is not a noticeable raised stage also gives the theatre a more intimate feel.

We've eaten in the restaurant twice now, before each of the productions we saw.

I think this theatre and its restaurant are a hidden treasure. I'd recommend subscribing to the mailing list for finding out about forthcoming productions.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went this week to see 'Merry We Roll Along'....superb......excellent show.....fantastic staff.....great venue.....add it to your must do list

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A favourite venue and restaurant. Four of us attended "Merrily" and ate beforehand. Food was good, and the set menu seems to have improved considerably since we were last there. Time was rushed and it would be preferable to book for 18.00 dinner, or for post-show if you wish to eat late, when there is a great choice of dishes on the main menu.

The show was, as ever, polished and slick, with terrific performances, though just far too amplified for such a small theatre. Some people left mid way due to the noise levels.