“Excellent stay”

Ranked #578 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Indian Shores, Florida
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the moment I walked through the door I was welcomed with a warm friendly smile. Check in time was not until 2pm, however I was checked in earlier as my room was ready. This was very much appreciated as I just got off a long flight. Breakfast hit the spot and the rooms were clean and new. Definitely come back again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Vin428
James P, Owner at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review.

It is very much appreciated.

James Pararajan | Managing Director

386 High Street North
Manor Park
E12 6PH
London

M: +(0) 44 774 5682 492
T: + (0) 44 2085 482000
F: + (0) 44 2085 482060

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed February 27, 2013

On booking via booking.com we by mistake booked a wrong hotel. On calling the hotel in 5 mins after the booking made they told us that they couldnot refund us as per I booked on non refundable policy. My university was in central London but still I managed to get to Ruskin Hotel and travel daily to my Uni. The area is so noisy and packed. Rude staff and not at all welcoming. Check out was even worst. Breakfast was good but they watch you as if you will eat more. Reception lady was eating while attending us and was very rude.when checkout I had the same staff and we were just 10 mins late and she was behaving as if they will not be able to clean our rooms in future. Hotel is new built and good rooms but far off from station and central london. pity on staff sorry they need to learn more.

Room Tip: Be ready to get Insulted
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Liu Y
James P, Owner at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is with great concern that I read that you did not experience the high standards we aim to provide and I would like to put remedy to these matters. Should you have a minute I would appreciate if you could send me a personal email with some further details of your visit. This would greatly increase my ability to review and act upon areas that might require attention.

Regardless of your response I wanted to ensure that you felt your comments are heard and we take the feedback from our guests as a valuable tool to constantly improve our service and product.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

James Pararajan
Managing Director
T: 02085482000
E: james.pararajan@ruskinhotels.co.uk
Barcelona
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The place was very clan and the rooms bigger and more comfortable than I expected for the price we were paying; the staff was very nice and helpful; and there was plenty of food for breakfast :) The location is not the best of the world, but there are also lots of options to eat at night on the main street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank patillades
Swindon
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel overall was very nice. Room was clean, however the light over out bed failed on us. We informed the receptionist, who promptly sent someone out to take a look. The issue couldn't be fixed and were were offered an alternative room. We denied it - I can live with a failed light!. Breakfast was lovely, a wide selection of items for a continental breakfast. My only gripe was the location, it's set in an Indian neighborhood, and while walking through the neighborhood at night I did feel a bit vunerable due to the stares I was getting due to being the only white person around. The people in the resturants around were very friendly tho. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank cannon106
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Ruskin Hotel in February. It is a new hotel with very friendly staff that helped us out with ordering a taxi etc. It is in an Indian neighborhood with fantastic smells of food of Indian food and chicken. You can eat there for a small price, but be prepare that it can look subordinated to you, anyway, people from the restaurants are as friendly as the hotel staff.

The room is basic with a good well sized bed. Materials at the room desk, shower, wardrobe are basic as well, and sometimes looks too budget. For example, the clothes hanger felt down a few times.
There is no wifi in the rooms (lobby only), the staff will give you a network cable for a deposit of £5. I had some problems with the internet in the room, because it was not stable all the time / gives some network errors. After a few refreshes in the browser, the sites loaded.

The breakfast is varied. Pancakes, waffles, bread, croissants, Frankfurt sausages, fruit, yogurt, chocolates, cheese, meat, juice. But you have to watch out if it is not too old, at my first day I had a pancake with a little mold on it. Rest of the days it looks fresh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James P, Owner at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is a shame that we did not deliver the high standards that we set ourselves. We have already put provisions in place to address the issues that you have raised.

If you could provide me further details of your stay then that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

James Pararajan
Managing Director
T: 02085482000
E: james.pararajan@ruskinhotels.co.uk
Edinburgh
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in Feb 2013

As per the other reviews, staff very attentive and helpful. Rooms comfortable and clean. Decor/furniture all fairly new. Good value

Local restaurants are all fairly basic (fried chicken shops and lots of tamil/asian cafes - most of them not licensed).

2 stations (new ham and woodgrange park) within 10 mins walk

Worth a look if you're going to be in the area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Ruskin is a beautiful old building in Bloomsbury, the opposite of the dull corporate box. The staff are incredibly friendly & helpful, finding my partner's mislaid gold watch in a shared bathroom & returning it to her promptly.
Breakfast is a proper feast to set you up for a day's business or leisure, cooked to order plus the usual cereals & fruit juices, which would cost an extra 6 or 7 quid at a chain hotel. If you want modern decor, TV sets in every room or wipeable formica, you won't like the Ruskin, but if you want Georgian charm, original features and great views of a private square from the back windows, the Ruskin will suit you to a tee.
All areas are very clean, even if the decor is worn. We will now use The Ruskin as our pied a terre in town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a private square populated with sculptures
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple