“Amazing cakes, other food over priced”

Ottolenghi Belgravia
Order Online
Ranked #29 of 325 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: Deli
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed May 27, 2019

Ottolenghi was one of my first stops in London because I love the cookbooks and recipes. I ordered a selection of three salads which were ok, but I thought for 18 pounds for some salad made hours earlier in the day I'd be blown away, but I wasn't and could have easily done with a Marks & Spencer salad for lunch for a fraction of the price.

I did however think that the cakes were amazing so gave the cafe a 4 star rating for these. We tried several and all were good, particularly a gluten free chocolate ganache cake. Lunch for two plus two pots of tea and a slice and cake plus two biscuits came in at roughly 50 pounds and as this converted to $100AU for a simple lunch with a sweet, we didn't leave feeling that we got value. No toilets on the premises either with directions to go to a department store, not cool. I think in future I'll stick to the cookbooks.

1  Thank tanyacolwell

Reviewed May 10, 2019

First day after flying in from Australia and the first thing we did in London was catch a cab to pick up mouthwatering picnic supplies. OMG the salads were divine and the cakes out of this world.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife is a huge fan of the Ottolenghi cookbooks and wanted to come eat at the store. We could only make it for breakfast, but it was great. The store is tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood on a wonderful street. It’s small and had one round table in the back and a few small tables in the courtyard behind where we sat. I had the Shakshuka - a middle eastern egg dish in delightful tomato and garlic sauce. It was excellent! Others in our party had fruit and croissants which they enjoyed. Cappuccinos were also delicious. When we came back in to leave, all their lunch salads and meals were laid out and looked amazing.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Just came in for a quick coffee (flat white,delicious) so can't comment on the food but cakes looked nice.Coming from Germany I find it unbelievable though that there is no toilet and it would put me off coming back for food- how do you get a licence to be a café/restaurant serving food without a toilet???I was told the nearest is in Harvey Nichols 5 minutes walk away!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019

The cake is one of the best cakes that I've tried during my trip to London. I highly recommend their orange chiffon with some coconuts on the top and their almond cake. the service was great too! Just hope that the restaurant is slightly bigger because it is always crowded!

Date of visit: April 2019