“Best pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I used to live in the States so when I moved to London it was a challenge to find a good pizza. Franco Manca did it for me. It's thin but packed loads of tastes.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went on a Friday night and as expected the place was packed so we had to wait a little while. But it was a nice evening so we grabbed a couple of beers and enjoyed them on the pavement while we waited. The meat/cheese starter board was great and the pizzas were delicious, very fresh and very filling!

The atmosphere was good - really lively but perhaps on the limit of being too loud. I wouldn't recommend this place for a quiet romantic evening.

Two beers, a shared starter, two pizzas and a bottle of red wine came to just £45 which is amazing value! The only thing I could fault is that the selection of pizzas is a bit limited. But overall a really good experience :)

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Simple. Fresh. Delicious.

The chorizo pizza is one of the best I've ever had. The others are lovely too. But not all have tomato base - so pick carefully if this is important to you.

Nice specials too - although these are not the same great value as the pizzas.

Lovely house red wine too. Yum!

Be prepared for a wait at peak times. Or ring ahead and order take away.

Can't wait for my next visit!

1  Thank Benjamin S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ate here yesterday with wife and son, the waiter was very accommodating of our buggy, and moved another couple to make room for us. Pizza's were good (chorizo x2), excellent value for money, and quick. I tend to eat at Pizza Express more often, as it's very handy for my office, but Franco Manca is a better pizza, I like their focus on quality ingredients, and the simple menu. I can't wait for the Balham branch to open. I would give it 3.5 out of five if possible. What stops it getting a 4? I think the gap down to Pizza Express is not quite big enough, despite the hype...

1  Thank 3WallBoast
Reviewed July 17, 2013

i was relieved to leave this place, too many people and too noisy though the place must appeal to many as it is normal to find a queue outside on the pavement waiting to get in. minimal menu choice at a good price and well cooked whichever one i had. as another reviewer said, takeaway would be a good option for next time.....................or take the children as the place resembles memories of school dinners.