“Classic hotel-bar!”

Coburg Bar
Ranked #2,239 of 28,450 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The soul of the Coburg Bar lies in tradition and warmth, and the atmosphere reflects this - quiet, intimate, relaxed and inviting. Its front-row view across Carlos Place makes the Coburg Bar one of Mayfair's best spots to linger.
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Second time we visit this lovely bar before lunch at the hotel! Very good service. Huge lists of drinks, whisky from all over the world etc. Take your time and relax in cosy chairs. Next time for lunch we will be back!

Date of visit: May 2019
TheConnaughtHotel, Manager at Coburg Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Kim P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely feedback following your recent visit to the Coburg Bar.

I am happy to read that you truly enjoyed our service, drinks selection and in overall, your experience with us.
I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Assistant Director of Food & Beverage

Write a reviewReviews (139)

Reviewed April 9, 2019

Our children stayed a week with us in London in an apartment we had rented and in appreciation took us to the Connaught Hotel for drinks and dinner. As an aside, let me just say that the hotel is easily one of most quietly elegant hotels I have ever seen. But let me recommend the Coburg Bar where not only do they have specially cocktails, they present them in as close to a theatrical production as I've seen in any similar establishment. Moreover, we were actually interviewed to discuss our preferences by the Interim Director of Events, Robert Featherstone, (I got his card because I was so impressed), who offered us recommendations based on our answers. And the drinks were delicious. So the bottom line is if you want a drink, go to a pub. If you want a drink plus a terrific festive experience, go to the Coburg Bar.

Date of visit: March 2019
TheConnaughtHotel, Manager at Coburg Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear PetJo,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and service at the Coburg Bar.

I look forward to sharing your comments with Robert and the team and we hope to welcome you back again at the Connaught.

With my best regards,

Pierre Maitre,

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

The Coburg Bar never fails to deliver on service. It is the place in which I feel at my most relaxed. The food is exquisite and the vast array of drinks is fantastic. We had the fillet steak this time and it was unbelievably good. The chocolate fondant is also amazing. The crisps and olives served alongside the drinks are so addictive and delicious. We always have to visit when we are in London.
This visit was made extra special by the complimentary sweets served to us for our wedding anniversary.

Date of visit: February 2019
TheConnaughtHotel, Manager at Coburg Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear Solihull84,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Coburg Bar.

I am glad you were well looked after by our team and that you enjoyed the Coburg Bar atmosphere, cuisine and service. It's very rewarding to read that we could make your experience unforgettable.

I’ll ensure the team hears about your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a cosy and stylish bar to impress in the Mayfair area, then look no further. The interior is quite dark and elegant, and gives off warmth. We only stayed for one drink each, as a bit of an unwinding after a long night out and we were not disappointed. My friend had his signature old fashioned, which he loved. I had something non-alcoholic which was equally lovely. The staff were super friendly and polite yet not overbearing, and made our short stay even more enjoyable. My friend loved it so much he was back the following evening. I'll certainly be back soon. Definitely a great spot for the long winter nights. Glad I found this bar.

Date of visit: October 2018
TheConnaughtHotel, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at Coburg Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear princess_kaat,

Thank you truly for your kind comments.

I will make sure the Coburg Bar team hears about your lovely review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Been there twice this week. Lovely decor, and very comfortable seating. Service superb. The crisps are addictive! Fantastic wines. Nice atmosphere. Recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
TheConnaughtHotel, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at Coburg Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear StephenCross,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent visit at The Coburg Bar and for your wonderful comments.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed our wine selection and the crisps.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Connaught very soon.

Kind regards,