“Excellent Pizza”
Review of La Saporita

La Saporita
Ranked #1,999 of 22,511 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

In Finsbury Park loads of people go on about Pappagones but we went there once before switching back to La Saporita, the staff are really friendly and are always helpful (we've been short 10p before and they've let it slide) and there Pizza is far superior to Pappagones with better toppings and spread. Will really miss this place when I move from the area.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank buffydragongirl

London, United Kingdom
“A friendly little local Italian.”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

La Sapprita is situated just off the busy Stroud Green Road.
It is relitavely newly opened, as I understand.
It was a pleasant discovery via the Gourmet Card website.
The food is, as the name suggests largely 'Italian'. They have the full range of pizzas, pastas, escalopes etc. All are of a good quality and value. Additionally you will find Sunday Roasts of Chicken, Lamb, Beef, and Pork of good quality and price. However unless you are early, it is advisable to request those in advance to avoid disappointment. Deserts are mainly Italian, good and reasonably priced. I only sampled the House Wine, which is fairly priced and good.
The two serving staff are knowledgeable, friendly and efficient, as are the Pizza chefs in the open plan area.
The added bonus for me, is that they accept both Gourmet and Tastecard, which they accept on Sunday through to Thursday.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Patrick M
London, United Kingdom
“Travel up from south London to come back”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I discovered this place when I lived round the corner and it quickly became my favourite local restaurant. I've since moved down to south London but come back when I can because it's that good.

Very reasonably priced nice wine, delicious pizza, great atmosphere. Faultless all round.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Lauren T
“WaWaWeeWa Italian!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We'll there is not much I can say that hasn't already been said by others. This is a superb little Italian restaurant just off Shroud Green Road.

The food was really something else. For starters I decided to have the soup of the day (real home made tomato soup) and my fiancée had the prosciutto ham & melon and for mains I had the bacon spaghetti carbonara and the lady had chicken spaghetti carbonara. I could no fault the food at all.

They also gave us free bread bits and olive oil to snack on while we were looking at the menu's, which is an added bonus

The service was great the waitress was very helpful and full of smiles (so great to see)

If you happen to be in the area it's definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank DM_Traveling
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in north london”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place and delicious food! Fantastic service , friendly environment and great food! It's my second time here!

5 Thank Londoner123498