“Fantastic food at a reasonable price”
Review of Banana Tree Angel

Banana Tree Angel
Order Online
Ranked #2,037 of 28,642 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: At Banana Tree Restaurants, we offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the indochina region. Fresh, award winning food from the lemongrass growing countries including Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, & Laotian as well as flavours from the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was going to Sadlers Wells with a friend and we wanted to eat before the show. We didn't have any prior knowledge of the Banana Tree but the menu looked appetising so we thought we would try it - what a treat! Very friendly staff and excellent and delicious food. The waitress was very helpful in our selection as we weren't sure what to order.
Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Lesley C
Write a reviewReviews (403)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I met an old friend here, we are both gluten intolerant. There is a separate menu with lots of choice. The staff were friendly and welcoming and did not rush us. The food was absolutely delicious.
A really lovely afternoon.

1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We went along at 6.30pm and had to wait 45 minutes before eventually being shown to a table - no reservations possible, unless you're a table of five or more. Even after we were finally seated, other people were served before us. The food however was exquisitely presented and delicious when it came.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

I visited this restaurant on a Friday evening, excellent service and amazing food. As a vegetarian I struggle to find places with a variety of choice, however here I found some amazing options. Very impressed.

1  Thank egarfield
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We have been to Angel, Soho and Clapham Banana Trees many times, but not for a few months. Yesterday's meal was very disappointing. It felt that the restaurant had been taken over and an accountant had stripped away as much as possible to reduce cost and enhance profits. My salad was very small, two tiny portions of sticky rice are inadequate for a man of my size and appetite. Even the design of the menu had had the colour and excitement removed. I'm not sure we will be returning as we just felt cheated. Bad form Banana Tree.